Mini^3 volume knob UK source
Jan 5, 2010 at 9:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

simwells

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I'm new here and new to the world of DIY audio, bought all the bits to build my own mini^3 and have soldered it all and it sounds fantastic, just need to laser cut the front and back panels and find a knob for the volume control.

This is where the problems lies I would ideally like to use the kilo ML-50 knob but this seems to only be available through digikey here and the postage on small orders is extortionate. I can't seem to find any other good quality 6mm D shaft knobs available. Any ideas where any UK builders got theres from or somewhere that I can source it from internationally with reasonable postage would be fantastic.

Thanks

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #2 of 9
Try RS!
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 9
Anyone else?

Really would like to use the Kilo ML-50-4-6MM, but that's only available through Digikey here and the £12 postage makes it a rather expensive knob! I would happily pay someone who's going to be ordering from digikey or can source them abroad for the price of the part and postage costs etc.

Jan 7, 2010 at 1:14 AM Post #5 of 9
I was just about to list a pair of mini3 panels in FS forum & found the knob too... Don't know how married you are to creating your own panels.

If interested in these bits fire me a PM.. I'd be looking for about 1/2 what they go for:

Jan 7, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by cfcubed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just about to list a pair of mini3 panels in FS forum & found the knob too... Don't know how married you are to creating your own panels.

If interested in these bits fire me a PM.. I'd be looking for about 1/2 what they go for:

Really was wanting to keep the costs low so would prefer to just source the knob if at all possible, was also really after one of the black ones (preferably matte). I may be being a tad over specific for my position though!

Jan 7, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Basil101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RS order going in from me tonight/tomorrow so if you want one of their knobs for cost + a stamp let me know.
smily_headphones1.gif

When you say RS order do you mean extended range or normal? Thanks for the offer sorry if it's too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back