Mini -> 1/4 inch adaptor, where to buy?
Aug 9, 2006 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

aaroncort

Banned
I need one of these adaptors but don't know where to find a high quality one. I know I could just go down to ratshack and buy a cheep one for five bucks but don't know where to find a good one if there even is a difference. My google searches come up with nada. could somebody point me in the right derection? Thanks, Aaron.

Aug 9, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroncort
I need one of these adaptors but don't know where to find a high quality one. I know I could just go down to ratshack and buy a cheep one for five bucks but don't know where to find a good one if there even is a difference. My google searches come up with nada. could somebody point me in the right derection? Thanks, Aaron.

I assume you are talking about a headphone jack adaptor like this? http://www.headphone.com/products/ca...ug-adapter.php

Aug 9, 2006 at 5:55 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroncort

I assume you are talking about a headphone jack adaptor like this? http://www.headphone.com/products/ca...ug-adapter.php

Whoops; wrong direction--sorry about that.

The only 1/8 to 1/4 I have is the one that came with my Shure E500 IEM's. It gets the job done with no noticeable signal degradation w/ IEMs on my gear though. I don't know if they sell it separately.

I'll shut up now.

Aug 9, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ComfyCan

Whoops; wrong direction--sorry about that.

The only 1/8 to 1/4 I have is the one that came with my Shure E500 IEM's. It gets the job done with no noticeable signal degradation w/ IEMs on my gear though. I don't know if they sell it separately.

I'll shut up now.

Thanks maybe I'll have to pick up a pair of E500's to get that adaptor you're talking about....
evil_smiley.gif
Saddly I've willed myself against buying any more headphones that I don't need. I've a pair of HD650's with a mobius cable and a pair of E5's amped with an SR-71. Anthing else would just be a compulsive buy that is a atempt to sooth myself with buying. And those types of attempts are always in vane. Holy cow, I just got all cathartic!

Can anybody else back up that statment. Is there no descernable difference using an addaptor?

Aug 12, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #7 of 8
Your E5 didn't come with one? That's strange. Just buy the gold plated ratshack one. Wont do any harm.

Aug 13, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck
Your E5 didn't come with one? That's strange. Just buy the gold plated ratshack one. Wont do any harm.

I bought my E5's second hand and they didn't come with one saddly. From the looks of it though nobody makes them much different from eachother. The one at ratshack looks exactly like the one that came with my st-80's to a "T". I just came accross it today while going through some old boxes. I'll just use it I guess. Thanks for your help though everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back