Ming Da’s MC 6R preamp
Feb 10, 2008 at 5:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Wid

500+ Head-Fier
Does anyone here have any experience with Ming Da products? I have read just about all I can find on them and most have a favorable opinion on them. I am looking at the Ming Da’s MC 6R preamp to be exact. Also is there folks here that have dealt with Pacific Valve and if so what was your experience with them. Any and all opinions will be appreciated, thanks in advanced.

P.S. I want to pair this preamp up with a Rotel RB 1080, what's your thought with a tube preamp and a SS amp.

Apr 25, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #2 of 2
I bought a Ming Da MC-7R from Pacific Valve. No problems, took a bit longer than I'd like (about 15 days) but they kept me up to date on shipping status. Build quality of the preamp is great. The caps are low-end Mundorfs instead of Solens. Probably equivalent in quality. I didn't care for the knobs and replaced them. I also replaced the Chinese 12AU7, 12AX7 tubes with NOS RCA and Mullards. I also replaced the 5Z3 rectifier with a NOS GE 5U4G.

Can't say how it sounds with a SS amp. I'm driving a Prima Luna 5 vacuum tube amp (push pull with 4 KT88s). They're a great combination.

Roger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back