Minecraft Prometheus Trailer
Jul 16, 2012 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

pottrpupptpals

New Head-Fier
Hey guys! I've been playing on a minecraft server "play.learn2craft.net" for a while now, and I saw it didn't have any youtube publicity. I figured I'd whip up a trailer, and here it is! My computer lagged so a lot of the transitions don't match the sound-changes in the song, but it'll do for now. It's styled after the Prometheus trailers, so keep that in mind when you watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVAzVnSWeg8&feature=youtu.be

Jul 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 8
Nice vid! I have been mining for a bit but on total miner forge on xbl. not as elaborate as minecraft but still fun. im into building only mostly because i never have any mates to play with =(

Aug 10, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #4 of 8
I liked the trailer, great building & editing (ignoring the technical difficulties of sound syncing). Pretty good use of music to set pacing, but I kinda expected that the rising tension would result in a bunch of creepers attacking or something.

Aug 11, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks, and I definitely know what you mean. I wanted to support my Minecraft server with something I love, and I'd just seen/had been thinking about Prometheus. By no means is it excellent, I just wanted to share it with people who share a common liking of music/headphones as I do

Aug 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #7 of 8
Thanks. If you want me to make another, its no problem! Our 1.3 Server has a whole new spawn, so it's probably time for a new trailer. I was thinking "The Dark Knight Rises", but that would need dialogue and a lot of people. Do you have any suggestions?

Aug 15, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #8 of 8
Hmm...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXAzGGX2tpw&feature=youtube_gdata_player
With a trailer like this one, you can see that a lot of the narration is faceless. Now, unless your server is a Gotham-themed build, you gotta make cute and get clever with playing the batman sound with Minecraft visuals. Maybe you could go ahead and be funny or cheesy (don't take yourself too serious), like when Wayne is trapped in the pit and talking to the medic inmate, show two sheep looking at a pig down in a hole in the ground.
You could also break the trailer up into parts. Like, when the boy is singing "The Star Spangled Banner" you can do a slow pan of an un-developed grassy Minecraft land. Then when bane starts to get dangerous, you could show someone trying to build small, basic buildings and have creepers and other monsters rush in and start exploding & destroying things. I think it would be funny if Bane was an octopus, he sounds like he's talking into a toilet bowl of water anyway. Then, have a pit scene (like in a pit), and as Mr Fox starts talking about "remember where your stuff is parked?" and Wayne starts to come back, show stuff like fast-motion looking through inventory, in 1st person digging around a pit from inside, maybe doing that trick where you jump and build a block beneith you then... As the "Hiss Hiss Hassa! Hassa!" (sp, "Rise!") part starts pan up from the pit and start showing BIG! GRAND! buildings! Impressive! Woah Features!
Finish and season to taste. Lots of glimpses of parts of the whole (tease), slow-pan reveals, slo-mo, fast-mo, any kind of momo. Could be lotsa fun!

Cat woman as a cow, hahahahah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back