Minecraft-Fi?
Jan 17, 2011 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

mabus627

100+ Head-Fier
I did a quick search and didn't turn up any thread that was specific to Minecraft itself so i figured what the hay.

Alright, Basic questions:
- What version fo Minecraft do you run?
- What mods, if any, do you run currently?
- What projects are you currently working in SSP and/or SMP?
- What projects have you completed in SSP and/or SMP? (Yes, the "pics or didn't happen" rule applies here.)
- What SMP server, if any, do you currently frequent?
- Can you provide information about this server? Such as if it is "White-list" only, if you run it yourself, does it run on an Economy, does it run any mods, how many players get onto the server frequently, what are projects on the server that are currently being build, is it free build, or must you go to a mod to get permission to build something, etc. (the obvious things such as IP and port would be greatly appreciated)
- How long have you been playing Minecraft?
- Do you frequent the Minecraft forums? (www.minecraftforums.net)
- If so do you mind providing your username for others?
Feel free to answer of the above questions, you do not have to answer them all.

**NOTE: For those that do not know how to take screen shots while inside of Minecraft, hold F1 then press F2, they are saved into your .minecraft folder in the "screenshots" folder. :NOTE**

Jan 17, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 11
Gerudoku Texture pack.

Planetoids Map Generator.

I have been playing since.... well... 6 months or so?

I use MineEdit for inventory. I really only play singleplayer, but a friend of mine has a server (Private) that I log onto occasionally. He also runs http://www.mcserverreview.com/ .

Minecraft is one of those things, where you always want to brag about what you have done, but nobody wants to listen, they just want to show you their world.

I have one world I hack and just mess around in (i.e. fill my inventory with TNT), and a legitimate one where I don't hack or anything, and play on hard. I recently restarted that one. Deleted the old one because it got so old.

Jan 18, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 11
Ah, as of current I'm only running Mip-mapping because of the sheer size and scope of the project I am working on.Though I will definitely need to make use of the Planetiods generator so that I don't have to build the spheres myself. Also i run no texture packs. and i have my current project done I am going to be taking MCedit, "schematic"ing it out and placing it into a world that was originally an SMP world.
The project mentioned though is 200x200x63 hole in the ground surrounded by adminium, and then a 402x402x65 box centered and on top of the hole. The size of it actually causes Minecraft to lag crazily when on Far render distance, so with Mip-mapping i=I can at least gain some of those frames.I have that built, I just need things to fill it with...

Jan 19, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #4 of 11
Wow. I can tell by your lingo usage that you ware way more involved than me. I'm impressed 
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #5 of 11
I've been playing for a few months, and am running the ambient lighting/minimap + some others mod pack and the Albion texture pack. I usually just play single player on peaceful (hugging the cows and patting the pigs) or on my own server with a friend or at another friend's server occasionally.

Fun little game though. Also, what's SSP or SMP?

Jan 20, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
I've been playing for a few months, and am running the ambient lighting/minimap + some others mod pack and the Albion texture pack. I usually just play single player on peaceful (hugging the cows and patting the pigs) or on my own server with a friend or at another friend's server occasionally.

Fun little game though. Also, what's SSP or SMP?

SSP is Survival Single Player and SMP is Survival Multiplayer.

Minimap is a helpful mod for sure. and Ambient lighting I've found to lag my client all to hell so I've stayed far away from it. I haven't fiddled around with texture packs too much I have used the major Steampunk pack that has made but when the MC client went from 1.2_02 to 1.2.3, I lost that, and a fair amount of mods I was running. Since then I have just been too lazy to add a new texture pack.
I will say i do miss the Autocart mod...

Quote:
Wow. I can tell by your lingo usage that you ware way more involved than me. I'm impressed 
biggrin.gif

Eh I'm not nearly as involved as the actual makers of the mods, but I do try to make sure I'm at least up-to-date on all that is going one with Minecraft. Though once I have some more time and a little extra money, I plan on running a public SMP server with the aforementioned map(along with the hole/box) on a dedicated server from some company.

Jan 21, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #7 of 11
I can wholeheartedly recommend texture packs, especially the one I use. I mean, it improves the graphics ever so slightly, but the atmosphere is improved dramatically.

Jan 21, 2011 at 5:33 AM Post #8 of 11
One of the OPs on the server I play on made the eldpack, I really like it, maybe you will too!

http://www.eldpack.com/

Jan 21, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #9 of 11
I'm not saying I don't like texture packs, I'm saying that I find it annoying (much like with mods) to replace them every update. Yes, I know about the texture pack support but I have never been able to get it working correctly so I've stop really bothering with it. In fact as of now I am only running 2 mods (3 if you include mod-loader. Mip-Mapping, and the Elevator block mod, mostly for getting around in the aforementioned hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back