Millett hybrid problems
Dec 21, 2006 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

adfinni

100+ Head-Fier
Had a problem with my millett when i initially got it from tsappis, which seemed to resolve itself, but now i can hardly use it at all.

When i switch on the amp, and cdp and plug in my phones i get a very loud buzzing in one side of my grado's, and when i put some music it it sort of comes out both drivers but at INSANE volume with soo much distortion. Im being soo careful not to kill my grado's.

I don't know how i resolve the problem, but sometimes it sorts itself out when i wiggle the cable + wiggle tubes + move the volume pot around a lot, then sometimes it works fine of its own accord.

Im stumped !

Dec 21, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 4
It sounds like you have a loose connection or a bad solder joint. I would check for loose or badly soldered wires first. I would check tubes next. Try some different ones and see what happens. I would use some cheapo headphones until you can figure out the problem.

Dec 21, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 4
It sounds like it may be the buffers. Do you have diamond buffers? Just make sure they're in the sockets deeply/fully. I was playing around with my Millett yesterday and I relized I didn't have my buffers all the way in the sockets and whenever I bumped the Millett or even changed tubes it would bump the dBuffers slightly and result in buzzing.

Dec 22, 2006 at 3:04 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sounds like it may be the buffers. Do you have diamond buffers? Just make sure they're in the sockets deeply/fully. I was playing around with my Millett yesterday and I relized I didn't have my buffers all the way in the sockets and whenever I bumped the Millett or even changed tubes it would bump the dBuffers slightly and result in buzzing.

ahh cheers, il have a fiddle, or might even make up the second DB board, as i have all the bits for it. Il then be able to sell that one after xmas as long as the one i have atm isn't busted.

Il resolder the tube sockets too and will try my 12AE6 tubes too. Plus i have a load of wima and cerafine caps left to put in !

cheers lads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back