Millett hybrid MiniMax Help
May 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

woadl

New Head-Fier
Hello I was wondering if some one could help me.

I have just built this Headamp from a kit and have adjusted the Voltage and Tube bias to the required settings but when it comes to the DB Bias I am not to sure.  Is this voltage measured in AC volts ? 

When I measure the voltage and turn the trim pots they seem to make no difference. The voltage reading I am getting from the reference point is around 20 Volts ??
 The head amp is working and sounds great I have played it for about half an hour with no trouble, nothing seems to get hot

What do you think ? should it be OK
thanks
Brian

May 5, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hello I was wondering if some one could help me.

I have just built this Headamp from a kit and have adjusted the Voltage and Tube bias to the required settings but when it comes to the DB Bias I am not to sure.  Is this voltage measured in AC volts ? 

When I measure the voltage and turn the trim pots they seem to make no difference. The voltage reading I am getting from the reference point is around 20 Volts ??
 The head amp is working and sounds great I have played it for about half an hour with no trouble, nothing seems to get hot

What do you think ? should it be OK
thanks
Brian

Here ya go... these guys will answer your question for you... they wrote "the book" on that amp:  cetoole, or tomb - PM them:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/233941/new-millett-hybrid-maxed-amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back