Millett Hybrid Max Front Panel Express Files for Top
Jun 1, 2015 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Marzie

100+ Head-Fier
I've never ordered from front panel express and my design skills are definitely sub-par. I want to make the top panel for a Millet Hybrid Maxed but I can't seem to find where anyone has shared their FPD files.

Anyone have the FPD files for a Millet Hybrid Max? Also, what is the cost to get something like this from Front Panel Express? I don't have the top for my enclosure anymore, and I don't see the top or bottom plates as a separate part from Hammond, I'm guessing I would need to buy a whole enclosure and ship the lid to them?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 6
  I've never ordered from front panel express and my design skills are definitely sub-par. I want to make the top panel for a Millet Hybrid Maxed but I can't seem to find where anyone has shared their FPD files.

Anyone have the FPD files for a Millet Hybrid Max? Also, what is the cost to get something like this from Front Panel Express? I don't have the top for my enclosure anymore, and I don't see the top or bottom plates as a separate part from Hammond, I'm guessing I would need to buy a whole enclosure and ship the lid to them?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Of course, you can do this, but it will probably be pretty expensive.

I don't have FPD files, but of course all of the drawings are available on the Millett MAX or MOSFET-MAX website:
http://diyforums.org/MAX/MAXtemplate.php
http://www.diyforums.org/MOSFET-MAX/MOSFET-MAXtemplate.php

Just an FYI, but Hammond is usually pretty flexible if you call them and tell them you lost or ruined something on your case.  They will ordinarily ship end plates to you for free if you mess up.  It's a bit much to expect that for a top plate, but still - it might be a minimal charge.  Certainly, it's worth a phone call.

The work to have FPD machine in the z-bend on the sides so that it will slide into the Hammond case top slots might be a bit much to ask.  You would probably end up with a flat plate whose surface will always be a tad below the top surfaces of the extrusion (case bottom).

Actually, I think Hammond refers to the removable plate as the bottom plate, but they'll figure it out when you call them.
wink.gif

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 6
Tomb-

Thanks for the info! I'll spend the money on a greenlee punch instead. I don't mind paying for the top/bottom piece, but its good to know they will work with me.

Thanks again, I always apreciate the help.
Mike

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 6
Tomb-

Thanks for the info! I'll spend the money on a greenlee punch instead. I don't mind paying for the top/bottom piece, but its good to know they will work with me.

Thanks again, I always apreciate the help.
Mike

Yep.  On the original Millett Hybrid Maxed website, I go into detail about making the top lid with the Greenlee punch and just a hand-held power drill.  You can do a pretty good job with that combination.  Depending on whether you already have a hand-held power drill, it can be a lot cheaper than FPE.

Jun 3, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #5 of 6
What did you use for the bushings around the tube holes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back