Millet trim pot issues
May 1, 2011 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Hellrzr

New Head-Fier
So I was adjusting the tube bias on my millet. I was paying attention to the multimeter and not the amp so somehow I was cranking on the power supply pot instead of the tube bias. I checked quickly what the power supply voltage was at and it read 33 volts. I immediately turned the amp off and turned the trimmer to the minimum (clicking). But sadly it still seems stuck at 33ish volts. Turning the pot either way doesn't seem to affect the voltage. 

May 1, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 2

Quote:
So I was adjusting the tube bias on my millet. I was paying attention to the multimeter and not the amp so somehow I was cranking on the power supply pot instead of the tube bias. I checked quickly what the power supply voltage was at and it read 33 volts. I immediately turned the amp off and turned the trimmer to the minimum (clicking). But sadly it still seems stuck at 33ish volts. Turning the pot either way doesn't seem to affect the voltage. 

Im betting that the power supply blew up in reaction to having inadequate voltage for stability. Check if anyone in the millet thread has had a similar problem. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back