Millet-Hybrid, sound from the casing.
Jul 25, 2006 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MiRaCL

Head-Fier
Having an issue here with my MH.
I have built the amp on one hammond case and the psu in another hammond case. When i tap on the mh case the sound transfers into the headphones, anyone else experienced this?

If i didn't explain good enough,let me know
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #2 of 5
what you are explaining is "tube microphonics."

for whatever reason, tubes sometimes pick up vibrations fromt eh case/board and amplify them.

some tubes do it some dont. crazy, hunh?

you may want to try tube dampers, or some form of vibration absorbing feet for the amp.

Jul 25, 2006 at 10:28 PM Post #3 of 5
Yep - save yourself $50 a pop and find some regular o-rings at Home Depot. The thick reddish-brown kind are probably best. One or two of those on each tube will probably work as well as the expensive tube rings.

Jul 25, 2006 at 11:43 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb
Yep - save yourself $50 a pop and find some regular o-rings at Home Depot. The thick reddish-brown kind are probably best. One or two of those on each tube will probably work as well as the expensive tube rings.

the red ones are viton or silicone.

they are also as you say missused
wink.gif
as a bit of audio gear.

with the temoperatures asscociated with a hot millet tube (grab it and hold on its warm) i dont think temperature rating matters. my tap watter is hotter.

they are also available at mcmaster carr in many sizes and thicknesses, it can be hard to find the uber thick ones at hoime depot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back