Millet Hybrid Construction Thread
Jun 25, 2005 at 4:16 PM Post #17 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by tezzla
sorry this is a bit off topic but anyone in the uk, where are you getting your parts from?

Most of the parts are available from Farnell,RS and Audiocominternational, theres also Silmic caps on E-bay.
The thing thats hard to find in the UK is the actual tubes

Jun 25, 2005 at 4:18 PM Post #18 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
I didn't make it, but here she is! This one is built on the old PCB as well, and it's holding me over until Nate finishes my uber-Millet
tongue.gif

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...6&postcount=12

Very Very neat
cool.gif
I love the chassis

Jun 25, 2005 at 9:13 PM Post #19 of 441
Got mine working yesterday night. Sounds OK now, but badly needs burn-in. My pot is still to arrive so I have rigged an el-cheapo taiwan alpha for now. Obviously the case work will not be complete till the pot is taken care of.

Jun 26, 2005 at 12:53 PM Post #21 of 441
I was just fooling around in the shop trying to think of a good chassis solution for my Millet Hybrid. It's not done yet. It's just a fully dressed chassis with no board inside. I tried to add some carbon fiber to the mix, but it just looked awkward. I'm never satisfied. Maybe I should start looking in to aluminum? Anybody have any constructive criticism?

millet.jpg

Jun 26, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #22 of 441
I'd just leave it be USER NAME: ; that case looks sweet.

I like wood cases; I don't think carbon fiber would go with it tho IMHO.

Jun 26, 2005 at 5:01 PM Post #24 of 441
Very Nice! I've got some purpleheart coming to build my chassis out of. Thinking about putting maple or osage accents on the corners.

Did you make the rod guards, also?

Shane

Jun 26, 2005 at 5:45 PM Post #25 of 441
Thanks guys. It's starting to grow on me. I have to make one for my SEPP Millet now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blooze
Very Nice! I've got some purpleheart coming to build my chassis out of. Thinking about putting maple or osage accents on the corners.

Did you make the rod guards, also?

Shane

The metal rods are drawer pulls from Home Depot. They have many different styles of these.

Jun 27, 2005 at 8:34 AM Post #26 of 441
Is it really important to have a matched tubes?

Jun 27, 2005 at 11:57 AM Post #29 of 441
I've completed everything via DREWD's instructions. However, when I plugged in the wallwart and connected to the female dc jack nothing powered up.
frown.gif
I checked to see if indeed there was power coming into the female jack by using a pair of electicians testers and there was a spark on the + terminal and then nothing.
confused.gif
I unplugged it and did it again but nothing. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jun 27, 2005 at 12:41 PM Post #30 of 441
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdon
I've completed everything via DREWD's instructions. However, when I plugged in the wallwart and connected to the female dc jack nothing powered up.
frown.gif
I checked to see if indeed there was power coming into the female jack by using a pair of electicians testers and there was a spark on the + terminal and then nothing.
confused.gif
I unplugged it and did it again but nothing. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

See the diodes if its in the right polarities!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back