Millet Hybrid case question
May 1, 2006 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

monsieurguzel

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello all, i'm almost done building my millet hybrid but i'm finishing up the casing. I was looking for a plastic caps that fit arount the case opening for the tubes so that one doesn't see the raw aluminum from the hammond case. I was wondering if anybody knows the part number and if mouser sells them.

btw, check out the picture if you have no clue what i'm talking about.

138410995_0e7f51613d.jpg

May 1, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #2 of 12
Just for clarification, I think what he's looking for is what I used here:

I don't have a source for them as I bought them from a fellow Millett builder who got them at a local farm supply store. I have not seen anything like them in either Mouser or Digikey's catalog.

Nate

May 1, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #3 of 12
AUT_3431_640.JPG

Got them from mouser. Give me a second to get you the exact part number that I found to work well.

Edit: Take a look at Mouser P/N: 561-MP10012 or page 1421 of the latest catalog. They come in various ID/OD sizes.

May 1, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 12
Good luck with your search, I wasn't able to find anything like that for my last Millet.

Side note: What part of Houston do you live in? I'm moving to the west side (Westchase district) within the next few months, so let me know if you'd like to give my Millet a spin
tongue.gif

edit: rreynol, nice looking Millet! I'm a big fan of the drilled ventilation holes, the silver aluminum adds a nice accent to the all black case. Are you using your two Millet's as preamps?

May 1, 2006 at 5:41 PM Post #5 of 12
For a while, I was using my 2nd MH at work as a preamp for a bass boosted Pimeta (what can I say, I'm a basshead). Lately though, I've learned to live without it and just enjoy using the MH as a stand alone. I've had to get creative in casing up that amp since the tubes are pushed way out and the stock top wont fit with the diamond buffers installed. Once I get the last custom piece from front panel express, I'll have to post a picture of it.

May 1, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 12
Thanks everyone for the help...very useful. But i actually have ONE more question
wink.gif
Since i have the tread and the board inside the same box, i am wondering how i can secure the tread inside the box without having it move around. are there stands of sorts that keep it up?

thanks

May 1, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #7 of 12
im also in the process of getting a casing for the millet...it seems the lansing D/E pack with the dimension of 6.3" X 4.x" X 1.52" barely fits. I'm thinking of either getting the lansing D/E with the dimension of 7" X 5.x" X 1.52" or maybe the context engineering enclosured used in rockhopper's amps...looks beautiful but a whopping 30usd a pop...

May 1, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by monsieurguzel
Thanks everyone for the help...very useful. But i actually have ONE more question
wink.gif
Since i have the tread and the board inside the same box, i am wondering how i can secure the tread inside the box without having it move around. are there stands of sorts that keep it up?

thanks

my thought was to make an extension for the board so that it could slide on some other unused rails. then maybe hot glue the sides to keep it still.

May 2, 2006 at 12:58 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Just for clarification, I think what he's looking for is what I used here:

I don't have a source for them as I bought them from a fellow Millett builder who got them at a local farm supply store. I have not seen anything like them in either Mouser or Digikey's catalog.

Nate

Look like the ordinary rubber grommets you can get at the local TSC type stores. My home town John Deere dealer used to have those out in the bins.

Shane

May 2, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #10 of 12
I'm using a pair of those things you put into the holes in desks for routing computer cables through. I got them at Lowe's. I don't think I have a pic of my MH with them installed online at the moment, but I'll put one up later.

May 2, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #11 of 12
I hope you don't mind a little thread diversion. All the tube holes look spot on.

How do you cats ensure the holes in the case like up with the tubes... template, luck, magic?

May 2, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit
I hope you don't mind a little thread diversion. All the tube holes look spot on.

How do you cats ensure the holes in the case like up with the tubes... template, luck, magic?

Ruler and pencil
-g

Users who are viewing this thread

Back