Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
Aug 11, 2004 at 5:50 PM Post #16 of 19
I just saw the movie Collateral last night. There is a jazz club scene in the movie where a man plays part of one of the songs on Bitches Brew. I can't recall the name of the song, I can check later though.

Aug 12, 2004 at 4:20 AM Post #17 of 19
Actually if you want the best album in the vein of Bitches brew check out "A Tribute To Jack Johnson" which is also a film soundtrack and arguably Miles Davis' true ROCK album.

Great Stuff. also Agree with "in a silent way" which is one of my favorite albums

Aug 12, 2004 at 5:18 AM Post #18 of 19
I just saw the movie Collateral last night. There is a jazz club scene in the movie where a man plays part of one of the songs on Bitches Brew. I can't recall the name of the song, I can check later though.

I saw that too, the song was Spanish Key I believe.

Aug 12, 2004 at 5:21 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by sno1man
Actually if you want the best album in the vein of Bitches brew check out "A Tribute To Jack Johnson" which is also a film soundtrack and arguably Miles Davis' true ROCK album.

Absolutely!!

Jack Johnson is one Miles' must underrated albums. I have plenty for Miles, ranging for his Prestige albums to mid-70s live recording, and in my opinion, Jack Johnson is up there with Kind Of Blue. I tend to listen to it alot more than Bitches Brew.

If you like the rock / fusion sound of Jack Johnson, you might also like Herbie Hancock's Head Hunters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back