Mikros 90 or AIAIAI TMA-1?
Feb 12, 2014 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Armillary

Head-Fier
I recently posted a thread asking for help about a set of sub$200 headphones, after which I went over to amazon and ended up deciding to buy either a set of Mikros 90 or the AIAIAI TMA-1 (used). The reviews I've seen make the TMA-1's look subpar without a decent amp and while I would be opposed to getting an amp I would certainly lean towards the Mikros 90's if they can provide a better overall sound. I use my current headphones (HD-581's) for a variety of applications and I'd like something that can handle various genres of music and provide good separation. I'd also like something that isolates relatively well. Any suggestions in the ~$150 range are welcome.   

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 5
The Mikros 90 seems to be a good choice since its rated well here.

Feb 12, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 5
Looks like it, right now I just want something better than the HD581's I purchased a bit ago (not that they aren't pretty awesome). I've also been eyeing the ATHESW9A but considering that they happen to be twice as much I'm not so sure. I've been bouncing around a lot trying to figure out which phone will work well for me before I spend money on them. 

Mar 6, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #5 of 5
Well I ended up getting the m-80s. I might try the mikros 90's next if I can find someone to convince me they are an upgrade to the m-80's. Since they've been out so long I don't really know if I can contribute a decent review, but I might add to the appreciation thread in progress heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back