Mikhail (Singlepower) you win...or maybe you're losing...
Mar 15, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #61 of 297
Hmm. The OP is out $5700. Mikhail allegedly has a $5800 amp in stock right now. While its presumably not what the OP ordered, might it be better than taking a complete loss? Might be worth a shot...

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #62 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by peanuthead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought he had simply ceased all operations. Still taking new orders??? Wow.

More like taking money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by csommers
This guy sounds like a HUGE sleezeball

Taking untold thousands makes him without a doubt a HUGE sleezeball.

Go Team Tar & Feather!

popcorn.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #63 of 297
Someone with more currently knowledge can correct me if I have this wrong but I believe that Mikhail used to own goldpoint but no longer does.

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #64 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobsmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm. The OP is out $5700. Mikhail allegedly has a $5800 amp in stock right now. While its presumably not what the OP ordered, might it be better than taking a complete loss? Might be worth a shot...

yeah, but I'm guessing mikhail would probably ask him for $5800 for that amplifier

then again, if mikhail wanted to make right, he might be willing to sell it to the OP for $100 off (basically "free") and thus end this nightmare

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone with more currently knowledge can correct me if I have this wrong but I believe that Mikhail used to own goldpoint but no longer does.

well the address is registered as both Goldpoint Audio and Single Power Inc, and the phone number goes there as well, basically this sounds like a lot of shady small business drama (I see it a lot with hosting start-ups)

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #65 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, but I'm guessing mikhail would probably ask him for $5800 for that amplifier

then again, if mikhail wanted to make right, he might be willing to sell it to the OP for $100 off (basically "free") and thus end this nightmare

Thats what I meant. My idea is that perhaps Mikhail has a major cash flow problem at the moment, and does not have the funds to pay the OP his $5700. At the same time, he obviously does not have the production capacity to give OP the amp that was promised him in a timely manner. My thought was that maybe he would be more willing to give the amp to the OP to make it "right", rather than cash, seeing that he has it ready to ship.

Obviously the OP would at the very least be entitled to that $100 discount and free shipping, so that OP would not be expected to pay any more money to Mikhail (hell, the interest on the $5700 Mikhail has had since 2007 probably adds up to far more than that). Maybe this line of argument may be more successful than trying to get the cash, and would avoid a total loss of the money...

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #66 of 297
Quote:

Thats what I meant. My idea is that perhaps Mikhail has a major cash flow problem at the moment, and does not have the funds to pay the OP his $5700. At the same time, he obviously does not have the production capacity to give OP the amp that was promised him in a timely manner. My thought was that maybe he would be more willing to give the amp to the OP to make it "right", rather than cash, seeing that he has it ready to ship.

but if he was willing to do this, don't you think he probably should've stepped up instead of blowing off an attorney?

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #67 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but if he was willing to do this, don't you think he probably should've stepped up instead of blowing off an attorney?

Should have stepped up? Definitely. Of course, that doesn't mean he actually did consider it. Sometimes people get blindered when they are stuck between two choices and don't think outside the box. All I know is that if I was in the OP's position, I would be using every argument possible to get something for my cash, including making a claim that I am legally/morally entitled to an amp Mikhail has just sitting in inventory.

Mar 15, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #68 of 297
Quote:

Should have stepped up? Definitely. Of course, that doesn't mean he actually did consider it. Sometimes people get blindered when they are stuck between two choices and don't think outside the box.

that is a very good point
regular_smile .gif

idk, to the OP, you might consider this route, if you feel like trying to keep the fight up (at $5700, I would, but I also realize, I haven't been at this for nearly two years)

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #69 of 297
Wow, from reading your post, I am truly sorry and my compassion is with you. Especially with these hard financial times, that is a lot of money. But if this makes you feel better, it could be worse. At least you were not horribly raped or loose a limb or sentenced to years in jail. I know, it sounds strange to say this but much much worse things happen to other people.

In the mean time, from a long term perspective, I am hoping that you prosper well in your life and that this misfortune was just a speck of inconvenience.

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #70 of 297
I think it's a bit of stretch to believe he has anything in stock ready to ship....It's entirely possible he's repairing customers warranty work amps and selling those as new or demo units (never intending to get the original customer back his paid for amp while others are just ripped off like the OP).

I wouldn't put anything past this guy at this point. It might be worth looking into the local media in Aurora or Denver and see if they have a investigative reporter willing to expose this guy on local or national TV. That would be one way of getting back at SP for little cash outlay. At the very least it would put him on the AG's radar in Colorado. It's worth a shot calling the local ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX affiliates to see if they are interested in such a story (especially in these tough times). I would imagine at least one would be very interested ...maybe even 60 minutes or 20/20 if it's thousands and thousands of dollars (which it likely is from the all the complaints over the last 6 years and counting). At the very least it's worth a try since those affected by SP have nothing left to lose and maybe everything to gain. Co-ordinate the effort with as many customers as possible, present all the facts and take it from there. You never know.

Peete.

Mar 15, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #71 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's a bit of stretch to believe he has anything in stock ready to ship....It's entirely possible he's repairing customers warranty work amps and selling those as new or demo units (never intending to get the original customer back his paid for amp while others are just ripped off like the OP).

I wouldn't put anything past this guy at this point. It might be worth looking into the local media in Aurora or Denver and see if they have a investigative reporter willing to expose this guy on local or national TV. That would be one way of getting back at SP for little cash outlay. At the very least it would put him on the AG's radar in Colorado. It's worth a shot calling the local ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX affiliates to see if they are interested in such a story (especially in these tough times). I would imagine at least one would be very interested ...maybe even 60 minutes or 20/20 if it's thousands and thousands of dollars (which it likely is from the all the complaints over the last 6 years and counting). At the very least it's worth a try since those affected by SP have nothing left to lose and maybe everything to gain. Co-ordinate the effort with as many customers as possible, present all the facts and take it from there. You never know.

Peete.

we do have such a guy, his name is Tom Martino "The Troubleshooter", and I hadn't thought of it until now, he's kind of a sensationalist, he makes his living running companies through the wringer (did I mention he works for Fox?), and generally being a dick to groups that pull this kind of stunt

to the OP, I'd STRONGLY suggest you call them with a tip, as I'm fairly certain they'd pick it up and do something with it (and given how big Martino's name is around here (like, reading your article, the only name that comes to mind is Tom Martino, with his face and voice right there, I'm amazed I had not thought of this earlier), you'd probably burn whatever is left of Single Power to the ground, if you could get it on air)

Mar 15, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #72 of 297
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's a bit of stretch to believe he has anything in stock ready to ship....

Quite true. However, at this point, what does the OP have to lose? Obviously, the key is to under no circumstances give SP any more money. But given that the cash is basically already a writeoff, might as well try. Your point is well taken that the "in stock" unit may be someone else's amp, which would introduce ethical issues into the mix about taking it...

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #73 of 297
Quote:

Quite true. However, at this point, what does the OP have to lose? Obviously, the key is to under no circumstances give SP any more money. But given that the cash is basically already a writeoff, might as well try. Your point is well taken that the "in stock" unit may be someone else's amp, which would introduce ethical issues into the mix about taking it...

Oh no Bob don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree it's worth a try but given the current circumstances I'd be highly wary of anything Mikey has to say WRT amp stock etc...you simply cannot trust anything the guy says.

I hope the OP gets something out of this sorry venture even if it's nothing more than a moral victory of a sort. It would fantastic if he gets an amp out of the process but that outcome is likely a very slim prospect.
This whole mess is truly sad and my heart goes out to all of those who have been burned by SP.

Hopefully an investigative reporter will take this assignment on and possibly get something positive from this sorry situation for all the customers left holding the (empty and partially empty) bag.

Peete.

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #75 of 297
If he's taken $5700 from one person here, how many others has he taken that much money from? If it's a sizeable amount, maybe you can get a local NEWS station to go check out the local crook. NEWS stations always like a good scandal and/or scam to report on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back