Might not make it to Radiohead in WA tomorrow :(
Aug 19, 2008 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

yeahx

500+ Head-Fier
I dont know if this is the best place to post this, but because I don't drive and many other issues like just missing a lot of work and such, I dont now how Im getting to show. Im supposed to be going with my friend who isnt even much of a fan so if I could have found a fan earlier it might have been a better idea, but its too late now Im sure. Anyways Im in Marysville. I dont think he would be too hurt if he didnt go so there could be a ticket for someone wanting to go I think. Im just running out of options, not trying to spam. I havent seen them yet and might not still and be screwed out of $100.
frown.gif
Im checking out the opening act on youtube just in case I do somehow get to go and as usual I dont think I will like them.

Anyways, anyone interested? Im a really mellow safe person, I can be kind of chatty but I'll try to lay off the caffeine.
smily_headphones1.gif
It sucks knowing nobody who shares your interest and taste in situations like this.

Aug 19, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 5
I missed a lot of shows in high school when I didn't drive. I would buy tickets but a friend would flake or my parents would demand that I stay home.

Worst was when I would buy only 1 ticket and my friends would say they would buy their own tickets, but then the show would sell out and I would be the only person I knew with a ticket.

It does suck, but chin up they will play again, and there will still be tons of good music out there in a few years.

Hopefully someone comes through for you!

Aug 19, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks me too. I had a bad feeling when I bought the tickets, but they sell so far in advance that it leaves you no choice. It's almost like they need to know how many people are coming to a party or something. And have concerts always been during the week? I noticed some are on weekends, but whats up with the weekday shows?

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #5 of 5
Well, if a band is on tour they can't really justify only playing weekends... that would mean working only two nights a week.

It seems that bands like to play friday and saturday shows in larger cities. When I was in New York this past year it always seemed at least that the best shows would be weekends.

Weekday shows are good too though since it forces me to take a break from working and have some fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back