Middle aged ears looking for a higher end set of headphones
Apr 30, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #16 of 20
Did you ever end up pulling the trigger on something?

I was in your boat about a year ago, wanted to upgrade from TH-X00. Ended up with Audeze LCD-2C, factory refurbished for $600, and they have been awesome. I just made the jump to Hp-3's, will get them next week.

Apr 30, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #17 of 20
Did you ever end up pulling the trigger on something?

I was in your boat about a year ago, wanted to upgrade from TH-X00. Ended up with Audeze LCD-2C, factory refurbished for $600, and they have been awesome. I just made the jump to Hp-3's, will get them next week.
I just received a new pair of Beyerdynamics T1 Gen2 yesterday. I listened to a mix of local flac and Spotify music and couldn’t tell a huge difference. I assume the cans have to burn in a bit. I’ll get HP-3 one day but I’ll wait for a deal before pulling the trigger.
Let me know how you like your pair. What color did you get?

Apr 30, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #18 of 20
My recommendation would be: stick with the Fostex for rock and pop and get a new/second headphone for jazz and classical. A "used like new" HD800 can be had at this price or even a used entry level stax system. Depending on your preferences the HD800 needs a bit more care when it comes to driving them though.

Edit: was typing and kept the message open while you wrote your last reply ... so never mind :)
Have fun with your new T1 :)

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #19 of 20
My personal favourite in that Region is the LCD-2C
However given your preference of music the Beyerdynamic seems like a great fit.

Apr 30, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #20 of 20
I just received a new pair of Beyerdynamics T1 Gen2 yesterday. I listened to a mix of local flac and Spotify music and couldn’t tell a huge difference. I assume the cans have to burn in a bit. I’ll get HP-3 one day but I’ll wait for a deal before pulling the trigger.
Let me know how you like your pair. What color did you get?

Congrats on the T1‘s, hope you enjoy them! I got ebony, oak was what I wanted, but couldn‘t find a good deal on a pair. I like the looks of all of them but oak is definitely my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back