Mid-Indiana Meet - March 21, 2009 (Noon - 5pm)
Jan 5, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #31 of 142
I might be interested and I might have a friend who is getting into DIY headphone amps and such in Indy. That looks like a really busy time for me so far, so I'll just have to keep an ear out. It's great to find other head-fi folks nearby!

Jan 5, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #32 of 142
Okay, big update; I've just spoken with the proper people on campus, and we have a room available! The date I gave was Saturday, March 21, 2009, from 12pm to 5pm.

Please let me know if this date doesn't work for many of you, as I can probably change it. I've updated the first post of this thread with the date, so let me know pronto if it doesn't work for you. If it does, please reply in the thread, and also PM me with a list of gear you're bringing.

Jan 5, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #33 of 142
Terre Haute is the location, correct? I just want to confirm given all the discussion. Thanks!

Jan 5, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #34 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by schalliol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Terre Haute is the location, correct? I just want to confirm given all the discussion. Thanks!

Yeah, the meet will be at Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech. in Terre Haute, Indiana. I'll clarify in the first post.

Jan 5, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #35 of 142
Check.

Only comments would be to get a couple extra hours in the morning if available.

Scope out the electrical services in the room to see how many receptacles are available. Our host may not have the services to handle all the tube goodness being brought.

Once the date is fixed, I'll put in sig.

I'd be coming from Batesville, IN, through Indy. Anyone need a ride, I'll be there the time allowed.

Jan 5, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #36 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check.

Only comments would be to get a couple extra hours in the morning if available.

I'll likely get to the room by 10 pm to set my stuff up, as well as hang out, I don't think anyone else was using the room for anything; should be a problem if you get there a little early.

Quote:

Scope out the electrical services in the room to see how many receptacles are available. Our host may not have the services to handle all the tube goodness being brought.

The classroom has desks with two power receptacles for each two-person desk; it's designed to plug in laptops; each also has ethernet ports, though I don't think anyone but students will be able to use the internet.

I would suggest bringing a power strip to plug in (I don't have enough for everyone), but I don't think we'll be overloading the circuits.

Quote:

Once the date is fixed, I'll put in sig.

I've had enough responses so far that I'm going to declare March 21 as the official date for the Mid-Indiana Meet.

Jan 6, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #39 of 142
[anyone coming from Chicago might choose to go down I-65 and pass West Lafayette]

Jan 7, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #42 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by chobint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any idea how long the drive is from cincinnati to the meet location?

2 hrs from Batesville. 45 min from Batesville to dt Cincy.

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #43 of 142
Thanks. bper said about three hours. Sounds decent for a one day visit, so I should be able to attend.

Will bring:
Bijou /w some new upgrades
Buffalo
HD650 stock/balanced
K240 sextett mp

Sadly I won't be bringing the facewoofer or the PC this time, so hopefully someone will have a computer of some sort if anyone wants to listen to the Buffalo (USB only).

Jan 15, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #45 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who's bringing the HD800s?

Now THAT is what I want to know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back