Mid/high-range warm/V shaped IEM for EDM/dubstep/RnB/hip-hop
Dec 30, 2019 at 4:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

shonik

Head-Fier
Hi all,

As per thread title, I'm looking for a new warmish/v-shaped IEM for EDM/dubstep/RnB/hip-hop music, possibly with some jazz/rock thrown in there too. I own the IE80s, and love them, but have been wondering if I could find a potential upgrade/end-game IEM that I'd be happy with for at least the next few years. At the moment, I've got quite a long list that I'm trying to narrow down:

- Sony xba n3
- Sony z5
- Rhapsodio RDB mk 4
- earsonics the velvet
- harmony/fxa7
- audiosense t800
- TFZ no. 3
- moondrop blessing 2 (was told these will have much more low-end than the current blessing)
- fiio fh7

I'm happy to stretch to around £500 (possibly £600 for something truly outstanding). Would also be very interested in any custom options too.

Thanks in advance for any help people can give!

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi all,

As per thread title, I'm looking for a new warmish/v-shaped IEM for EDM/dubstep/RnB/hip-hop music, possibly with some jazz/rock thrown in there too. I own the IE80s, and love them, but have been wondering if I could find a potential upgrade/end-game IEM that I'd be happy with for at least the next few years. At the moment, I've got quite a long list that I'm trying to narrow down:

- Sony xba n3
- Sony z5
- Rhapsodio RDB mk 4
- earsonics the velvet
- harmony/fxa7
- audiosense t800
- TFZ no. 3
- moondrop blessing 2 (was told these will have much more low-end than the current blessing)

I'm happy to stretch to around £500 (possibly £600 for something truly outstanding). Would also be very interested in any custom options too.

Thanks in advance for any help people can give!

I have Audiosense T800 and TFZ No. 3.

I think I previously answered u for the T800 in another thread, it is better than the IE80S in almost all areas, maybe only lesser midbass/subbass compared to IE80S (as it is a pure BA set up vs DD of IE80S) and brighter in treble compared to IE80S.

The TFZ NO. 3 is my go to EDM IEM. Great subbass extension/quantity, one level shy of jaw rattling bass. It is U shaped. I find the 2 - 4 kHz and 8 kHz areas a bit bright, so not the best if u are treble sensitive. It does ok for other genres, and technicalities are good for a pure single DD set, I would say about on par or slightly better than IE80S. Soundstage is narrower than IE80S, timbre also slightly poorer. Isolation better than IE80S.

Haven't heard the others in your list, but good luck.

Dec 31, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #3 of 3
:ksc75smile:
I have Audiosense T800 and TFZ No. 3.

I think I previously answered u for the T800 in another thread, it is better than the IE80S in almost all areas, maybe only lesser midbass/subbass compared to IE80S (as it is a pure BA set up vs DD of IE80S) and brighter in treble compared to IE80S.

The TFZ NO. 3 is my go to EDM IEM. Great subbass extension/quantity, one level shy of jaw rattling bass. It is U shaped. I find the 2 - 4 kHz and 8 kHz areas a bit bright, so not the best if u are treble sensitive. It does ok for other genres, and technicalities are good for a pure single DD set, I would say about on par or slightly better than IE80S. Soundstage is narrower than IE80S, timbre also slightly poorer. Isolation better than IE80S.

Haven't heard the others in your list, but good luck.

Thanks, yeah I’ve got the t800 arriving this week for testing, looking forward to comparing with the ie80. Also really interested in the fh7, n3 and blessings, not sure if I should be looking at the fh5 instead of the fh7 for the extra bass impact though... too many options :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back