Mid-fi comparison (M-100, HE-400, AH-D600, Fidelio L1, MDR-1R, Ultrasone 900, Momentum)
May 22, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #16 of 20
IF I post impressions, it'll be tomorrow.

I stress myself out over these kinds of purchases.  Not loving any of these right now so pretty frustrated.  The Momentum easily had the perfect sound, but the fit...  I'm cursing Sennheiser for making a "full-size" that is half-size.

May 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:
IF I post impressions, it'll be tomorrow.

I stress myself out over these kinds of purchases.  Not loving any of these right now so pretty frustrated.  The Momentum easily had the perfect sound, but the fit...  I'm cursing Sennheiser for making a "full-size" that is half-size.

Considering that the statistical average human ear is about 62mm tall, and the inner diameter of Momentums earpads is about 52mm, Sennheiser were a bit cheeky in making a 'full size' headphone that will only truly fit about 50% of the global population. 
My ears are about 62mm tall putting them just below the average male ear size, and I can testify to their perfection - the extra 10mm makes no difference to the comfort for me.

Too many people are bashing the Momentums without first considering their own ear size. It's a shame they don't work for you, but at least you're not one of those who bash it to hell for it. 

Oct 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #20 of 20
Hey Dratta, thanks for your impressions. What was the final result? Did you end up keeping the D600s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back