Mid Centric/vocal focused IEM’s
Apr 21, 2023 at 7:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

matto

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I’m still searching for an IEM with the same vocal focused/mid centric sound signature that of the Westone UM3x.

Since they’ve discontinued it years ago,

I’ve acquire the Campire Andromeda’s, 64 Audio U18T, Sennheise IE80s, Earsonics Sm64.

Whilst the andromeda’s and U18T’s are great, I wished they had a bit more forward vocals.

If you guys have any recommendations I’d love to hear them.

I’m open to Customs, I’ve read reviews of the ES8 and they say the mids are actually a little lean.

Budget up to $2500 USD.

Apr 25, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #2 of 2
I’m still searching for an IEM with the same vocal focused/mid centric sound signature that of the Westone UM3x.
I used to own a pair of um2 until the cable gave out. Sadly there really isn't a lot of IEM that is voiced that forward like the um series of past. I'd recommend trying a pair of Pears SH3. It is made by the same person behind the old phonak pfe series of iems. A neutral-mid centric signature, more mid centric than my old Andromeda and Z1R. I have one made in custom form and have been using for years with no inclination to try something others.

The Fitear 334 is another mid centric iem I'd recommend. Heard one when I was in Japan for holiday many years back and it had a fantastic presentation for showcasing the midrange and vocals in particular. Pretty hard to get outside of Japan and will probably revisit this again when I go back later this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back