Mid centric iem’s
Mar 30, 2019 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

matto

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all, looking for mid centric iem’s similar to the UM3x, I’ve had the um30pro since my um3x broke and it’s just not the same in sound. I’d be willing to spend around $500.

Currently have the sm64v2’s but they just don’t do it for me compared to the um3x’s.

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 6
Shure SE535 is well knows for being very mid centric. Also, I have the Massdrop Noble X and it seems quite mid centric, too (and according to the reviewers). Not saying it's the best option for you, but something to research and maybe a point of comparison :) .

Apr 1, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #4 of 6
Hi all, looking for mid centric iem’s similar to the UM3x, I’ve had the um30pro since my um3x broke and it’s just not the same in sound. I’d be willing to spend around $500.

Currently have the sm64v2’s but they just don’t do it for me compared to the um3x’s.
There is a pair on Reverb for $215.

Apr 13, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #6 of 6
Okay so just an update now I’ve had a bit more time to analyse what I missed about the um3x vs the sm64’s and um30pros. One, it’s the real forward mids with a very impactful low end. Whilst I find with the earsonjcs they’re very detailed i don’t find the bass has enough impact and the vocals for heavy metal bands such as devildriver are very faded in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back