Mid Air Collision involving news choppers in Steele Indian Park - High Speed Chase
Jul 29, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #31 of 35
Pic of the crash
frown.gif

Jul 29, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do people react differently when someone dies in their "community," even if you don't know them, as compared to people dying halfway around the world? Do people react differently when someone they can identify with dies in a freak accident as opposed to someone from another country dying in a war many miles away. Of course. Give me a break.
rolleyes.gif

this is what I have a problem with. Do you feel sympathy just because this was a freak accident? Because this was a helicopter crash? Two pilots weren't paying attention, and probably werent following proper procedures when flying in close proximity to other aircraft. This is absolutely no different than two people driving SUV's in busy traffic, with their eyes on a newspaper or applying makeup and getting into a fatal accident. They weren't paying attention and thus endangered their own lives and the lives of others around them.

The thing that really gets on my nerves is directly observing the effect media portrayals can have on people through your posts. It's as iuf any news article that describes a death automatically triggers the generic "thats so sad
frown.gif
i feel sorry for their families" response. What about the hundreds of traffic fatalties throughout the year that don't get the same coverage? Same reason I got all riled up in that baby bunny thread. Awwww its so sad because its a baby bunny....well what about the millions of livestock that are slaughtered everyday? I'm not saying its wrong to show sympathy for your fellow man, but people! Put things in perspective!

Jul 29, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by UNESCO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pic of the crash
frown.gif

Have you seen the first person footage? You can hear the pilot yell "Oh, Jesus!", and then clanging metal, and if you listen closely, screaming.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back