Mid Air Collision involving news choppers in Steele Indian Park - High Speed Chase
Jul 27, 2007 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Audiofiler

Headphoneus Supremus
Very sad, much confusion surrounding the event. Lots of news in Phoenix today, but mostly concerning.. 4 confirmed dead so far.

Looks like the high speed chase suspect is in custody. The video footage is depressing.
Anyone hear about this mid air collision over Phx?
http://www.wrcbtv.com/news/index.cfm?sid=10007

I would link the AZ central story but it requires some short survey just to look at the article.

Jul 27, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #2 of 35
I don't like vultures.

"The bubble headed headed bleach blonde comes on at five,

she can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye

it's interesting when people die

-Don Henley"

Those who live by the sword shall die by it.

Jul 27, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #3 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheVinylRipper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't like vultures.

"The bubble headed headed bleach blonde comes on at five,

she can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye

it's interesting when people die

-Don Henley"

Those who live by the sword shall die by it.

What are you talking about?

Jul 27, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #4 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by wafflesomd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are you talking about?

Those who profit from the misery of others deserve misery themselves.

TV newsies in particular are all about sticking a mike and a camera in the face of someone who just lost a child in a horrible accident and asking "how does it feel?".

Vultures, all of them.

If the ever did that to me, there is a good chance that I would snap and take them out..

Jul 27, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #5 of 35
Kind thoughts out to those families impacted.

NOTE:
The coverage from the airial shots that choppers capture often provides useful visual information for the suspect's arrest, and for the safety of others', not always just for the coverage and media attention.

Although another member in thread, beaming with couth, has other thoughts on this matter, although unclear and poorly timed maybe?!

Jul 27, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #6 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nevermind,
thoughts out to those impacted on this sad day.
The coverage from the airial shots that choppers capture provides visual information for the suspect's arrest, and for the safety of others', not always just for the coverage and media attention.

We have police helicopters for that.

The newsies are there strictly for the titillation of the masses and their own profit.

I suspect that the live video broadcasting actually creates more chases.

"Look at me ma, I'm on TV"..

Jul 28, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #7 of 35
honestly I don't feel very much sympathy for them. only really careless piloting could lead to such a crash, no different than two people reading the paper while driving their morning commute and getting into a fatal accident. the only reason it is drawing more attention is because they are birds not cars.

Jul 28, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #8 of 35
Quote:

Those who profit from the misery of others deserve misery themselves.

TV newsies in particular are all about sticking a mike and a camera in the face of someone who just lost a child in a horrible accident and asking "how does it feel?".

Vultures, all of them.

If the ever did that to me, there is a good chance that I would snap and take them out..

Not really, they are in particular doing their job. Its not their choice to walk in and talk to cancer patients or someone who just lost their child. Just like any typical slave.. you report to work, get told what to do, and thats that.

Jul 28, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #9 of 35
Here we go again...

Damn media.

Jul 28, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #10 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopShelf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really, they are in particular doing their job. Its not their choice to walk in and talk to cancer patients or someone who just lost their child. Just like any typical slave.. you report to work, get told what to do, and thats that.

Do you have any idea of how competitive the media business is?

They are there because they clawed and scratched their way there.

I have zero sympathy for those who profit from the agony of others.

Jul 28, 2007 at 1:14 PM Post #11 of 35
Having thought about it a bit I want to modify my last statement just a touch.

I have sympathy for the families of those who died.

They were not responsible for the choice of career of their loved ones.

Jul 28, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #12 of 35
Quote:

Having thought about it a bit I want to modify my last statement just a touch.

I have sympathy for the families of those who died.

They were not responsible for the choice of career of their loved ones.

Can I see a picture of you? I have this overwhelming curiosity to see the villian behind the computer screen. Do you wear a dark robe?

You mentioned before you look like Homer Simpson. I'm thinking more like Comic Book Guy. Wild guess, really.

Jul 28, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #13 of 35
I feel for the families of the people who died. But many reporters are nothing more than bottom feeders quoting the 1st amendment to carry irresponsible behavior and tormenting others. Best example of irresponsible reporters: The chase of Princes ...

Jul 28, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by jellybones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I see a picture of you? I have this overwhelming curiosity to see the villian behind the computer screen. Do you wear a dark robe?

You mentioned before you look like Homer Simpson. I'm thinking more like Comic Book Guy. Wild guess, really.

You think those who stick video cameras in the faces of people who's loved ones have just died and ask "how does it feel" deserve sympathy?

Wait until they do it to you.

I suspect that you will change your mind about them then.

Do you have sympathy for Saddam Hussein too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back