Microwave-fi??? What?
Jun 28, 2007 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Digitalbath3737

500+ Head-Fier
So my mothers microwave crapped out. She calls me at 3 oclock this morning from all the way across the country and ask me to research on a microwave. What? Anyway I need some opinions. Hopefully we have a few people on here who know their microwave fi!

All I know is that it should be big (not huge), have a toaster attached, black and durable. Any help on this one?

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #6 of 30
I forget where, but I recently saw a microwave with a built in toaster on either Best Buy's or Future Shop's website. If that's a priority, I doubt you'll have a large selection to wade through. Probably just one or two to chose from. Personally, I wouldn't recommend a combo unit like that anyway ... if the toaster breaks, you'll wind up losing your microwave while the toaster's getting repaired...or vice versa.

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #8 of 30
Are you talking about one of those microwaves that also doubles as a convection oven for browning/toasting? Or does it actually have a built in 2 slice bread toaster?!?
eek.gif
HaHaHa...I'm laughing my ass off just thinking what that would look like!!

Jun 28, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #11 of 30
I would think cleaning out the toast crumbs would be a major pain with that set up. With my toaster, I just hold it over the sink and open it up. I can't quite picture how it would work out with that contraption.

Jun 28, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #14 of 30
An appliance not rated for metal objects in 2 categories. Personally get the woman a toaster and a microwave and tell here she won't miss the counter space.

We are from the interwebz no needz to worrie.

Jun 28, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #15 of 30
I have an Amanna Radarrange. It's white, huge, and no toaster attachment. Not what you want, sorry!

OTOH, it's an incredibly amazing microwave. Big, powerful, laden with features that actually work, and is seven years old and going strong. Zero to popcorn in 20 seconds!
smily_headphones1.gif

(I guess it got the "durable" right!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back