Microsoft Surface RT
Apr 15, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #16 of 24
Would the Surface RT or Pro work with an Arcam rPac?

I would mainly be using Deezer Premium Plus, so 320 kb/s audio.  I also have a collection of Apple Lossless files on my network, that I would love to be able to stream.

Is a Surface the way to go?

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #19 of 24
I have a surface 2, and the output is better than the original RT.I use Nokia mix app on it. My only gripe is that there is no gapless playback, or being able to use remote mic/ff buttons either android or apple variety common on some headphones nowadays.
I still go for my ipod shuffle when I travel.

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #20 of 24
  I have a surface 2, and the output is better than the original RT.I use Nokia mix app on it. My only gripe is that there is no gapless playback, or being able to use remote mic/ff buttons either android or apple variety common on some headphones nowadays.
I still go for my ipod shuffle when I travel.

Could you please be more specific on the app you are using for playing music. I have the Surface 2 as well .Thanks.

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #21 of 24

Nokia mix radio. Just type in nokia in the search at the app store.

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #22 of 24
Thanks. I think I found it but its only mix radio now published by Microsoft mobile .
Still it's not what I'm looking for. I was hoping for maybe some simplified version of Jriver but but still more complex than what I've seen so far . Unfortunately  there  isn't much incentive for developers to write apps for this platform .
That's a shame because this behaves exactly like windows at list when it comes to install drivers automatically. I've attached a ss with the drivers from a Lehmann black cube usb dac/amp  .        

Jan 18, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #24 of 24

Thanks Babel , I have installed the app. It's UI  looks simple and clean but I still have no way to set the  output  like WASAPI/ASIO/KERNEL STREAMING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back