Microphone to Pair w/ my HE-400s and Magni + Modi Combo
Apr 9, 2014 at 7:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Melee

Head-Fier
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question so forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong forum. This will all be connected to my PC so I figured this would be a good place to ask. :)

I'm looking for a microphone to pair with my new setup that I'll finish tomorrow. A huge factor for me is having a mic with decent noise cancellation that won't pick up every little noise in the background. I normally have a television on low and a fan near me, but never blowing into the mic. I also have a Mechanical Keyboard with MX Blue Switches so the clicking of the keys needs to be omitted from the sound, as well. Some Mics tend to pick up breathing unless I have them so high they're in front of  my eyes so I'd like that to not happen, also. lol I'd like something that doesn't require me to place anything permanent on my headphones or do any damage with strong adhesives. As long as the mic can be removed without leaving blemishes, then that's great.

From what I've seen, people seem to lean toward the Antlion ModMic or Zalman Clip On Mic. Would you guys recommend one of those or are there other options that might be better? I know the new ModMic 4.0 is supposed to release soon but it isn't out yet and I'm not sure if it will be a big improvement or not, in addition to it costing around $30 more than the Zalman.

Aside from that, how will I connect the Microphone to the rest of the System? Do I just plug it into my computer audio jack or is there a better way to do so?

Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back