Microphone help Shure KSM141
Feb 14, 2012 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SolomonPierce

100+ Head-Fier
Just bought this microphone for my choir and I was hoping to find a little help from you guys if you could lend a hand.  I usually only care about headphones, so I don't know very much about setting up a microphone.  We had an old Shure mic before and it was okay but we wanted a omnidirectional mic and the 141 is both so it's perfect.  The problem is we don't have a mixing board, only a small volume knob.  There was first a ton of feedback at first so I turned down the volume.  Then it was a bit too low so I turned the sensitivity down and the volume back up.  Now it's decent and very clear; however, the volume isn't quite low enough and I can't get it to a good level without getting feedback.

What do you guys think I should do?  I suppose we could buy a mixer but we're on a short budget at the moment so a cheaper one would be best.  The mic / phantom power unit took out most of our funds.  If I need anything else it would probably have to be under $100 or at least close to it.  Thank you for any help / tips.  Any lesson about this at all would be great.  I'm a noob when it comes to mics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back