Microphone cable options for Hifiman Sundara?
Nov 17, 2020 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

HigoChumbo

New Head-Fier
Since the Hifiman Sundara uses a split jack to connect to each earcup, the common cabled options, such as the V-moda boom mic, are not compatible. Things like the Antlion Mod mic are too cumbersome, and the bluetooth options are expensive and have worse quality.

I was wondering if there were any cables with mic which are compatible with the Sundaras and don't harm the sound quality (compared to the stock cable, at least).

So far I have only found one option:
  • Meze 99 Series 1.2m Standard Cable with Mic and Remote
    meze_99_series_12m_standard_cable_with_mic_and_remote_blackgold_ac28898.jpg

Nov 18, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #2 of 6
Just making sure you've ruled out the ModMic Wireless. We like to think the quality is pretty amazing (and not very bulky).

If that isn't your cup of tea none of the big brands make 2-cable solutions so you're going to be stuck with the random stuff from China.

Nov 22, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #3 of 6
Dec 10, 2020 at 1:29 AM Post #4 of 6
Since the Hifiman Sundara uses a split jack to connect to each earcup, the common cabled options, such as the V-moda boom mic, are not compatible. Things like the Antlion Mod mic are too cumbersome, and the bluetooth options are expensive and have worse quality.

I was wondering if there were any cables with mic which are compatible with the Sundaras and don't harm the sound quality (compared to the stock cable, at least).

Did you end up finding a Mic cable compatible with the Sundara? I am also trying to find one for myself.

Jan 12, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #5 of 6

Hello! I'm in the same situation. Could you find the solution?

Jan 16, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #6 of 6
I went down that road a couple of years ago and bought some 2x3.5mm cables with an inline mic. Don't do it, even if you can keep the hole end of the inline mic facing forward they all sounded horrible as a mic. Get a desk mic, and if you have an Nvidia card use their Broadcast for noise cancellation which works great. Putting a modmic magnet that powerful anywhere near a planar magnetic driver is a bad idea. If you're an Amazon member, just search for desk mic and select "today's deals" and they always have a dozen at fire sale prices on any given day. Just get one with a mute button, I bought one without it, and discovered how annoying it is to not have that feature :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back