Microlab or Behringer MS40 for PC Audio
Apr 23, 2013 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Afkap

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

First post here, have been lurking for a while now! I am a complete novice when it comes to PC audio. Have been running a pair of 2.1 Logitech speakers for over a year now, which are complete cr@p. Finally the job has settled down now on the travel side, so looking at picking up some half decent powered speakers as my first foray into PC Audio for use on my large desk.

The speakers will be plugged into my Laptop (Clevo P150HMA, ATI 6990M, Realtek HD Audio software) through the headphone port. I was eyeing off the Microlab Solo6c's which seemed to get excellent reviews. Unfortunately I can't seem to find anywhere in Australia that has any stock left. Looks like they may have been discontinued.

Then I read about the Behringer MS40 on another forum, these seemed to get decent write-ups from a lot of people. They have an inbuilt DAC as well which is good for me, even if it's fairly average. I can get them for $209AU over here.

Or I can get the Microlab Solo5c's for about $130AU. These appear to put out much more than the Behringer MS40's, although quality or support might not be as good?

My budget is max $210, preferably around the $150 mark. Can you guys recommend something else that I haven't seen or considered yet? Any help for a newbie to 2.0 PC Audio is much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Apr 23, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #2 of 2
i came here to ask same thing, i dont know what i should go with, microlab solo 6c or behringer? help! or even Edifier S330D. other choices are M-Audio AV-40 or Swan D1080 MKII or Swan M10. i cant find these microlabs either been waiting for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back