MicroDAC/Microamp specs
Nov 16, 2005 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

thomaspf

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi,

could anyone who owns a MicroDAC/Microamp stack do some RMAA testing and publish the results on the forum.

I find it unusual that there are no quality related specs on these components on the headphone web site.

Cheers

Thomas

Nov 18, 2005 at 8:21 AM Post #3 of 6
I would agree. That could be very useful!

Nov 25, 2005 at 12:52 AM Post #5 of 6
Hiya,
I'm in the middle of measuring all of the amps and DACs on the Audio Precision S2 in order to provide data for our manuals. When these tests are completed, which will hopefully be by mid-next week (and depending on local mountain snowpack), I'll post them on Head-Fi. Any specific tests, or specific environmental parameters that are of interest?

Cheers,
Joe Woj

Nov 25, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #6 of 6
Brilliant, thanks for stepping into the thread.

All of the standard AES17 parameters would be good but it would be great if you could not just look at 1Khz but lets say 20Hz, 200Hz, 2Khz, 20Khz as well for DNR and THD+N.

Intermodulation distortion is a pretty coarse tool but AP has some more sophisticated multitone tests which more closely indicate performance with real music. If you could look into that I would be estatic.

Obviously the combination of the MicroDAC/MicroAMP stack would be very interesting. I have no good sense for a reference level though. Probably an 20Ohm, 100Ohm, and 300Ohm load at reasonable levels would be great.

Appreciate your effort. I might buy a MicroDAC/MicroAmp after all. I am currently looking at that, with portability being the main draw, and the new Lavry DA10 a the other end of the spectrum.

Cheers

Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back