MicroDAC 9V rechargeable battery solution ...
Jul 24, 2007 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

epaludo

Headphoneus Supremus
I would like to start using my MicroDAC on the go. For such task i'll need rechargeable batteries and a 9V battery charger, because i don't wanna keep buying alkaline 9V batteries once it's too much money ...
Which is the best battery for using with the MicroDAC (regarding run time)? How long it'll last?
Any recommendations on the charger also?

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #2 of 5
I use the PowerEx NiMH 300 mAH 9V's, available here, among other places, along with this charger. Note that the 300 mAH PowerEx's are only 8.4V nominal, but they run the Micro DAC just fine. You should pick up at least 4 of them since that charger will charge 4 at a time, and that way you'll always have a fresh set standing by. I usually get about 5 hours, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less.

Barry

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #3 of 5
If the Micro DAC only had a built-in charger, I'd use it more in a portable setting.

5 hours is pretty good. I tried some cheap rechargeables and I got 3-4 hours, I think. Lately, I've been buying the Accupower 9v rechargeables and they work well.

Jul 25, 2007 at 3:50 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by epaludo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about some higher capacity batteries? Is there any fitting issues ... ?

I'm not aware of any higher capacity NiMH 9V's than the 300 mAH PowerEx's. To get higher capacity, you would have to try the 500 mAH iPower Li-Pol's, but I haven't had any luck getting those to fit in my Micro DAC, although others have reportedly been able to do so. The only other option would be either alkaline or lithium primaries, both of which would have a good bit more runtime than the NiMH's. I have had great luck with Ultralife lithium primaries, although I have to peel the label off to get them to fit, and even then it's pretty snug. But the runtime of the Ultralife is really awesome.

Barry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back