Micro System with CD needed for Xmas
Dec 20, 2004 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

johnnylexus

500+ Head-Fier
I want rich big sound in my living room and I don't have much room for speakers due to the way the bookcases take up walls, etc.

I have heard some good things about Denon micro systems.

Can anybody help? Price is not that much of an object, although I don't want to spend as much money as it would take to get a Linn Classik.

Please help.

Dec 20, 2004 at 11:08 PM Post #2 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnylexus
I want rich big sound in my living room and I don't have much room for speakers due to the way the bookcases take up walls, etc.

I have heard some good things about Denon micro systems.

Can anybody help? Price is not that much of an object, although I don't want to spend as much money as it would take to get a Linn Classik.

Please help.

Price no object? Not much space available?
By all means: a Bose Wave Music System!
From their web site:
"It may well become the primary music system in your home."
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2004 at 6:10 AM Post #4 of 14
See if you can find an Acoustic Energy 2.1 system. Its powered so all you need is a CD player and youre set. Great reviews from Stereophile and all the British HiFi mags.

Dec 21, 2004 at 7:56 AM Post #5 of 14
I visited a Sony shop in London and some of their micro systems are based on S-Master digital amplification. Wouldn't know whether the speakers are OK.

Dec 21, 2004 at 5:53 PM Post #7 of 14
Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm going to try one of those JVC EX-A1 systems. there is a local Tweeter store that has them for around $500.

Dec 22, 2004 at 7:20 AM Post #9 of 14
Cnet has a review of this JVC system. They like it, although they said its style was a large part of it. I think it seems like it would be pretty good, myself.

Cnet JVC EX-A1 review

Edited to add: It's worth reading page 4 of the review. They discuss this system's sound quality with different types of music.

Dec 23, 2004 at 10:46 PM Post #14 of 14
Aego 2.1 with any cd player would do you, and you can get an aego system cheap off ebay nowadays from their us distributor.

TEAC's reference series have something in a similar form factor to the JVC with kevlar cones and a rediculous number of inputs/outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back