Micro sized AptX Bluetooth headphone amp with bass boost?
Dec 23, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #2 of 6
I want to make sure I understand. You want a device that will convert your wired headphones into wireless, is that correct? The only device I can think of is maybe the Sound Blaster E3? However, it is not small enough to be taped inside a headphone. It is intended to be worn on your belt or in a pocket.

If you want wireless headphones that hide the wire that well, then I think you should just get wireless headphones.

Dec 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #3 of 6
I haven't had any personal experience with them and they don't have bass boost, but the Avantree Wireless Bluetooth Receiver/Transmitter is small and has Apt-X so might work for what you want. You'd have to do bass boost on whatever device you are connecting with.

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #4 of 6
I want to make sure I understand. You want a device that will convert your wired headphones into wireless, is that correct? The only device I can think of is maybe the Sound Blaster E3? However, it is not small enough to be taped inside a headphone. It is intended to be worn on your belt or in a pocket.

If you want wireless headphones that hide the wire that well, then I think you should just get wireless headphones.

Yes, I want to use my wired headphones as wireless because I have yet to find a set of wireless headphones that I like a whole lot.
This would not be taped inside the headphone.  It'll be mounted on the outside via thin 3M double-sided tape (think pinstriping for cars).

The E3 looks very interesting.  Thanks for the heads up on it.  Do you happen to know if the EQ can be programmed on the computer like it says, but then have those setting stick even after disconnecting the unit from a computer?
The size is about the max I'm looking to go.
The price is a bit over my budget for this, but I will continue to consider it.

I haven't had any personal experience with them and they don't have bass boost, but the Avantree Wireless Bluetooth Receiver/Transmitter is small and has Apt-X so might work for what you want. You'd have to do bass boost on whatever device you are connecting with.

I'm already using the Avantree [Saturn] combined with my Fiio E6 mounted to my headphones.  But am not totally satisfied with the solution and would like to reduce some of the "clutter" of having two wires and two tiny devices.
Thanks though.

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 6
So with the avantree you can plug it into your tv and have it send audio to bluetooth headphones? Also send music to it through bluetooth to play through your speakers? Is that right? Can't you also buy two and plug on into a wired pair of headphones and listen that way too if you don't have bluetooth headphones? How does it sound? Sorry for bombarding you haha I really want one!

Jan 21, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 6
  So with the avantree you can plug it into your tv and have it send audio to bluetooth headphones? Also send music to it through bluetooth to play through your speakers? Is that right? Can't you also buy two and plug on into a wired pair of headphones and listen that way too if you don't have bluetooth headphones? How does it sound? Sorry for bombarding you haha I really want one!

I have a different device that is similar to the Avantree.  Same concept, different mfg.  I plug that into the TV (projector) and it sends Bluetooth to the Avantree which I have plugged into my headphones.  
Works okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back