Micro Power Supply???
Jan 11, 2009 at 12:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kboe

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey Headroom,
I was eyeballing the DPS on the B-stock page and had a question. The DPS is meant for the Desktop Amp line, and while it may be used for the Micro stack, are there, or were there ever any thoughts to producing a Micro power supply. If you guys had not taken all of my money already
jecklinsmile.gif
I would even dish out the $400.00 for a new DPS. I would get two Asrtrodynes but would like a power supply that I could display that looks as good as the DPS.
Kevin

Jan 11, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #2 of 5
Tyll answered this question from me before, and I believe his answer was something along the lines that such a product (assuming two outlets) would be not very worthwhile, being more expensive than a pair of Astrodynes. Don't quote me on that though! If I can find the thread I'll post it.

Jan 11, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #3 of 5
The point is simply that HR can't make a supply themselves that is obviously better than the Astrodyne for significantly less than the DPS. The extra outlets cost them next to nothing, and the case is already manufactured for the desktop line anyway, so changing those things would not really alter the price.

The Astrodyne is produced in huge quantities and gives it an economy of scale HR can't match - that is precisely why they offer it instead of making their own small PSU.

Jan 11, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #5 of 5
Yes, TheSloth. That's what I was trying to get say, you just put it much more succinctly than I.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back