Micro line and iPod mate well together!
Nov 4, 2007 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

noseallinit

500+ Head-Fier
I just want to tell HeadRoom once again that I think the MicroAmp really mates well with the iPod. especially with the MicroStrap being used. most other portable headphone amps appear very awkward with the iPod, Zune, iRiver's, etc.. the amps are usually too small and not in proportion with products they are designed to work with in a whole. some think the MicroAmp is too large but I think it makes the perfect base for me iPod. HeadRoom hit dead on with the Micro Line!

now I dunno what's gonna happen with this iPod Touch and some of the newer multimedia DAP's coming out. maybe this is where the Desktop Portable will come in.

I hope if HeadRoom releases any other small portable amps in the future that they keep in mind on how well it will mate with the DAP's it will be used with.

thanks HeadRoom!

Nov 4, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #2 of 3
I agree that the MicroAmp is a very nice unit. I just sold mine (with the '06 Desktop module in it), but it worked very well with my PCDP & Ultrasone cans.

I think the MicroStac (amp & DAC combo) is actually one of the better, overall designed portable products ever.

Nov 4, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 3
yeah as much as I hate to I got me MicroStack up for sale. it's taken me close to two years of dreaming of a portable setup that I am finally putting it together. finnally got me 5.5G iPod a month ago after getting the MicroStack a year ago. I so wanna try some of the new Micro line out it's killing me inside. I may have gotten in enough overtime that I can purchase the Micro Portable without having to sale the MicroStack(there are other things I need to get with this extra money too, boot's, etc..). I would like to be able to compare both these amps side by side for there are features about both that I like. then figure out which one I wanna keep and work towards a home setup. maybe the new MicroAmp or better the MicroUltra but I so would like to have the Desktop or Balanced. need some extra money coming in..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back