Micro Hi-Fi System
Dec 1, 2008 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

SoliloCey

100+ Head-Fier
Right this is definitely not the best place to put this...

Im looking for a micro Hi-Fi system just for now, thats also iPod compatible. Im not sure what would be the best, but I plan on a few months later, purchasing a receiver and some speakers later on and connecting it up to the set-up.

the idea is so that i can move it from my room to the alfreco, and play traCCs when having a social get together, or party. the backyard, is large so I'm planning for something loud enough with earth shattering bass, any suggestions?

If this is the wrong spot please move to somewhere best suitable.

Regards,
soliloCey

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #3 of 10
well i was looking around $300-400 so I was looking at a i think it was a 400 watt JVC setup

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #4 of 10
ipod + HE90/HEV90 = micro high end head-fi
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #6 of 10
High-End system for $3-400, yeah right!
very_evil_smiley.gif

As for micro. This would be quite micro, and iPod compatible. he he
iPod -> Wadia i170 -> RWA Isabellina -> RWA Signature 30.2 -> AKG K1000

Dec 1, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #7 of 10
The micro/mini-hifi sets by NAD and Technics probably among the best cheaper alternatives, with USB connectivity to use with an iPod. They are fairly similar in features from what I have read online. I'm sure they can be paired with some inexpensive bookshelf speakers to make a fairly usable desktop system.

Onkyo has some nicer looking but more expensive mini hi-fi sets, but last I checked iPod connectivity was provided by a little docking unit that is purchased separately.

Dec 9, 2008 at 1:03 PM Post #9 of 10
would anyone recpmmend the JVC MX-KC68? 400watt power sounds a good deal, but again its not always about the power i hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back