micro hard drive player
Feb 15, 2006 at 4:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rockin_amigo14

Headphoneus Supremus
i'm leaving my X5 behind to move onto smaller and better things. now, i need your help.

philips hdd1630

or

creative zen micro photo

preferably something with a color screen. I'm located in the US, so I don't see much chance in the new Sony.

Any thoughts? suggestions are welcome

Feb 15, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #2 of 8
If you want to wait, I'd go for the the SanDisk Sansa e200. 2gb, 4gb, 6gb, color screen 1.8 TFT, videos (i doubt you'll watch videos on that tniy screen anyway) Fm, voice, 20hr for audio, i think, all the usual goodies Sandisk has. And pricing is always going to be competitive so you know it wont be priced like iriver.

Feb 15, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #3 of 8
If you liked the iAudio X5, how about the upcoming iAudio 6?
biggrin.gif

Pre-release news state that the iAudio 6 might have the same
features/functions/capabilities of the iAudio X5 (except for the storage
capacity, do you see the small drive!)

And compared to the Nano ...
i6_comp.jpg

The iAudio 6 is quite small for such a feature packed mp3/photos/video
player! Lets see what its $ price will be.

Feb 15, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #4 of 8
have there been any release dates mentioned for the iaudio 6? the sandisk is supposed to be coming in march. i would much prefer flash to a hard drive. the iaudio 6 is only 4GB as well. the sandisk e200 series offers up to 6GB (closer to the sizes he was looking at). flash is better than hard drive in more than a few ways.

Feb 15, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22
have there been any release dates mentioned for the iaudio 6? the sandisk is supposed to be coming in march. i would much prefer flash to a hard drive. the iaudio 6 is only 4GB as well. the sandisk e200 series offers up to 6GB (closer to the sizes he was looking at). flash is better than hard drive in more than a few ways.

The e200 only supports WMA and MP3 from what I have heard. A deal breaker in my book. Looks good for most people though.

Feb 16, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #7 of 8
not really into flash too much, mainly because of the cost.

i liked the iAudio 6, except its only 4GB, and I need at least 6GB. Also, not too much of a fan of the horizontal screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back