micro DAC won't power up
May 28, 2009 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Tb311

100+ Head-Fier
So I recently bought a second hand 09 microstack and the DAC will not turn on. When I first plug the power supply and initialy go to turn it on I can see the light turn on for a half sec then back off. When I have it connected to the amp I can hear a "thump" when I turn the DAC on and off also. Is there something I can do to fix this or will I have to send it back?

May 28, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #2 of 5
Does the power situation change briefly when you wiggle the plug at the back of the DAC, or at the connection to the wall or power brick? If it's not a bad connection, do you have a way to test to see if the power brick is putting out the proper voltage that it should be putting out (I think 15v)? That would help narrow it down to the power or the DAC. If it's just the power supply you could get another sent to you more easily than sending it all back.

May 28, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #3 of 5
Call their support number as soon as possible, I wouldn't wiggle anything - if there is a crack on the pcb or bracket, etc it's going to exasperate the problem (no offense intended addict). If you have a multimeter have that on hand, the tests for power output that addict suggest are valid troubleshooting tests, and assuming you know how to use a volt / multimeter you'll be fine.

May 28, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #5 of 5
Yes its the right power supply, and I would assume the voltage is ok since I used both power supplies on the amp and it works. I have a multimeter and I can test out the power supply voltage. Does anyone know the pin out for the plug? I'll also give HR a call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back