Michigan Spring Meet-Up 2013 (APRIL 20TH @ MSU KELLOGG)
Jan 19, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #33 of 334
Ok, I'm going to be talking to one of the coordinators at the Kellogg on Thursday next week about making a reservation for a room. There is also a slight chance of a discount because i'm employed there, but i'm not positive. Things to keep in mind besides the date of the event are: refreshments (I say bring your own as it is expensive (water is provided free I believe)), food (once again bring your own as it's more expensive than a vending machine), and length of time for the meet and the specific time for the meet. (By the way, if you bring food try to smuggle it in if possible. I don't want to say they want you to buy their snacks, but it's more they don't want extra work for cleanup if unexpected bits of food are all over the place. So if they see you with food they may curse at you, yelling that you are the next hitler.)

So we need to answer these questions before moving forward. What day do we meet? What is going to be the final count for the number of people expecting to meet? (this has to do with parking passes for the parking ramp, usually cheaper versus paying off the parking stub) What time block do we want? (Example: 12pm - 5pm, 10am - 3pm, 1pm - 4pm, etc.(There is usually some overhead if we undershoot the time slot, so we wont be kicked out immediately. Usually... ))

I can handle the room specifics, but we'd need to come to a consensus on the above. I'll post back about any developments and will continue to monitor this thread for updates!

(Also, there is a bar for those desiring liquid courage :D )

Jan 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #34 of 334
I'm certainly interested. I graduate in May and I don't know where I'll end up yet, but if there's a meet in April or May I could probably attend.

Jan 19, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #35 of 334
Quote:
Ok, I'm going to be talking to one of the coordinators at the Kellogg on Thursday next week about making a reservation for a room. There is also a slight chance of a discount because i'm employed there, but i'm not positive. Things to keep in mind besides the date of the event are: refreshments (I say bring your own as it is expensive (water is provided free I believe)), food (once again bring your own as it's more expensive than a vending machine), and length of time for the meet and the specific time for the meet. (By the way, if you bring food try to smuggle it in if possible. I don't want to say they want you to buy their snacks, but it's more they don't want extra work for cleanup if unexpected bits of food are all over the place. So if they see you with food they may curse at you, yelling that you are the next hitler.)

So we need to answer these questions before moving forward. What day do we meet? What is going to be the final count for the number of people expecting to meet? (this has to do with parking passes for the parking ramp, usually cheaper versus paying off the parking stub) What time block do we want? (Example: 12pm - 5pm, 10am - 3pm, 1pm - 4pm, etc.(There is usually some overhead if we undershoot the time slot, so we wont be kicked out immediately. Usually... ))

I can handle the room specifics, but we'd need to come to a consensus on the above. I'll post back about any developments and will continue to monitor this thread for updates!

Ooh. Fancy, fancy. 

Might we be better off all going in for pizza or making it a potluck of sorts? Food can get kind of pricy, and I'd much rather spend my $7 on Monoprice 8320s than overpriced fast food, if you catch my drift.

Thanks a bunch for getting this all set up, by the way.

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #36 of 334
Pizza might not be a bad idea, actually. If I remember right, the Kellogg has something like a 30% discount off dominoes pizzas if you use a special code. I'm not sure if it's still usable, I'd have to check.

Jan 20, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #38 of 334
As I stated in my comment from the last thread:

I'm from Northville, and could even host.  Our Subdivision has a rather large meeting room that can be rented for $35 for 4 hours (1PM-5PM).  I'd be willing to put up that small amount up.  But I'm also open to travel.  I'm pretty reguarly in Lansing, Jackson and the GR/Battle Creek/Kalamazoo area. 

And we can bring in our own food.

I can bring the following, AKG 518LE, Grado SR60, and Koss Porta Pro's, and if it's local a Denon Amp. 

Also, Jude is local, any Michigan meetup should include him.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #39 of 334
Assuming I can make it, I could bring some food as a offering, since I have no audio equipment to provide my entry.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #40 of 334
Hi! I'm a student at MSU so it'd be awesome to get together before the end of the semester. If you are talking about getting a room in the Kellog near MSU, then it'd be great. I have the V-MODA M-100s and I can bring a friend that has the HE-400, ATH-AD700, and DT770 250 ohms. We both have the Fiio E17. Really hope to see this through!

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #41 of 334
Assuming I can make it, I could bring some food as a offering, since I have no audio equipment to provide my entry. :rolleyes:

That's OK. The headphones-to-people ratio is usually about 5 to 1 anyway at these sort of meetings, so there will be no shortage of awesome sounding headphones.

But if you insist on bringing food, try churros or pretzels. XD (it's a Head-Fi joke.)

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #42 of 334
On a side note after hearing my HE500's my father went and got himself a pair of HE400's so I should be able to bring those along as well, if the guy with the HE6 makes it we will have the entire current ortho HIFIMAN range.

Jan 21, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #43 of 334
The HE-6 will be the showpiece, for me at least. I'd intended to go to one of these to find my next headphone, but I sorta settled on the lcd-2 after all the reviews i've read. I was also considering the HE-500's as an option, but I'm hearing the lcd-2 was less bright. Maybe it's just the denons, but I don't want bright.

Anyway, I'm excited! 

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #44 of 334
Quote:

Holy **** that would be awesome dude! I'm an aspiring cook (plan on going to Oakley to study culinary arts next semester), so I can prepare a plethora of stuff to eat.

I would think 12pm - 5pm would be the best block to have, right? 

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #45 of 334
Count me in!

Headphones:
Ultrasone Pro 900
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80ohm

Amp/DAC
Schiit Modi
Schiit Magni
Fiio E11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back