Micca OriGen USB audio DAC and Preamp - 192khz/24bit and DSD64 - NEW?
Dec 25, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #16 of 30
Anyone know if this will make an appearance in the UK? Also, does it need drivers?

It does need drivers.  I've been using the OriGen for the last few weeks.  I should have my full review of it up on the forums soon.

Teaser pic:

--

Dec 29, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #17 of 30
It does need drivers.  I've been using the OriGen for the last few weeks.  I should have my full review of it up on the forums soon.

Teaser pic:

--

Looking forward to your impressions. I'm also in the market for something this little guy might provide, also considering the fiio e10k and someone mentioned the schiit fulla (was considering the magni/modi but decided I'm entirely content with my 598se which already does well with onboard).

Dec 29, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #18 of 30
Looking forward to your impressions. I'm also in the market for something this little guy might provide, also considering the fiio e10k and someone mentioned the schiit fulla (was considering the magni/modi but decided I'm entirely content with my 598se which already does well with onboard).

My full review can be found here:  http://www.head-fi.org/products/micca-origen-high-resolution-usb-dac-and-preamplifier-24-bit-192khz-pcm-and-64x-dsd/reviews/14883

--

Mar 5, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #19 of 30
I know this is a semi-necro but I couldn't find another thread to post this in.  However, I wanted to let everyone know about my good experience with the Micca CS.  I've been using my Micca Origen for a couple of months now.  I'm not sure if it came missing a rubber footpeg or it fell off.  So, I contacted Micca CS about the issue.  They asked what my order number was and then promptly sent a set of 4 in the mail to me for free no questions asked.  Big +1 to Micca.  

As for the amp/dac itself, It has powered and sounded great on everything I've plugged into it.  M50x, DT770 250 ohm, ATH MSR7, Fidelio x2, B&W P3, and now Mad Dog v3.2.  I also use the line out on the back to my logitech 2.1 desktop setup.  Great little affordable piece with an awesome form factor.

Apr 20, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #21 of 30
bwcgrx said it doesn't have enough power to drive a Sennheiser HD 600 to authoritative levels, yet I find that with the gain switch at 0dB, it's a little on the loud side with the knob at about 50%. It becomes painful at 75%. Power seems to be more than enough.

Apr 26, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #22 of 30
  bwcgrx said it doesn't have enough power to drive a Sennheiser HD 600 to authoritative levels, yet I find that with the gain switch at 0dB, it's a little on the loud side with the knob at about 50%. It becomes painful at 75%. Power seems to be more than enough.

I've read where others were quite satisfied with the output of the OriGen with HD600s and other 300ohm range headphones.  Maybe I just got a problematic unit or I just like to listen at louder levels than others.  I also found the OriGen to occasionally be a little on the sibilant side with a somewhat bright and occasionally harsh treble quality.  Returned mine and I'm now living with an Aune S16 for DAC duties and Gustard H10 amp and love the combo.  This pair has ultimately set me back far more than the OriGen though.  If you are satisfied with the sound and output capability of the OriGen that is fantastic as you'll save way more money than most of us here.  As someone else mentioned in a previous post, the OriGen has a fantastic form factor and small footprint.  Great unit which just did not work out for me.

May 30, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #23 of 30
Anyone try the Plus version of this? http://www.amazon.com/Micca-OriGen-High-Resolution-Preamplifier/dp/B01BURJVOC

Believe it moves the headphone/preamp switch to the front, also the output impedance is published at 0.5 ohms. Wonder if this has a black background for IEMs...

Jun 22, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #27 of 30
The MIcca origen does get loud enough when it has a good install the drivers are buggy. And the usb cable can be bad as well. I have noticed on a fresh install or if i change USB ports the sound of the micca increases alot. I find in music apps or movies and games the micca is too loud with the K7xx at 75 percent on  high gain. I contacted them about this issue you should try to reinstall the drivers or move USB ports or change your cable. Also the software defaults to 50 percent volume in the MIcca software you have to turn it up.

Jul 20, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #29 of 30
I would really like to know how I can get this to Europe, The Netherlands to be exact.

Been looking all over, but can hardly find them anywhere but Amazon.
And Amazon hates Europeans for some reason :frowning2:

Anything remotely interesting is not able to ship to Europe.

If anybody knows of a way to get it here without paying twice as much, yes please.
If somebody knows a product that is similar to this in sound quality and features as well as price, I'm very much interested.

What I really like about this product and am looking for is:
- 3,5 mm as well as 1/4 inch output jacks for headphones.
- DAC and AMP combo
- Nice volume knob.

I would like to keep the LineOut, but it's not to big of a problem if that would be missing.
But in all honesty, the Micca Origen + is exactly everything I'm looking for.

Damn you Amazon!! Stop teasing me with all that nice stuff you're not willing to ship to me anyway :O

Aug 27, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #30 of 30
I saw quite a few people on amazon having problems installing this on windows 10. I did a video showing how to properly install the drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back