Miami Meet Impressions - 2/18/06
Feb 19, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #32 of 91
Icehawk just a quick thank you for organizing the meet, beatiful bldg and room. To the rest of the guys there it was a blast although I promised myself to stay away from the pool table (where all the expensive electrostatic "stuff" was at).

To me the surprise of the meet was a pair of Senn HD580, for some reason they hit the right note with me and I will be looking for one. I will follow Tyrion's recomendation and will email Myo for his cable. Man, that is another $400!
biggrin.gif

Once again thanks alot to the all the guys a great bunch of people.

Feb 19, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #33 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
I will follow Tyrion's recomendation and will email Myo for his cable. Man, that is another $400!
biggrin.gif

I dont think he is making anymore. Although I might be selling mine soon when Myo builds me balanced cable.

Feb 19, 2006 at 10:41 PM Post #34 of 91
Very nice looking equipment you had there.

Btw. Who are the people in the pics? I'd like to know the names. Who's mrarroyo, I want to know on whose head my RS-2 have been.
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #35 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
Very nice looking equipment you had there.

Btw. Who are the people in the pics? I'd like to know the names. Who's mrarroyo, I want to know on whose head my RS-2 have been.
biggrin.gif

I think mrarroyo had to leave before people started taking pictures. I took a few myself, so I will check to see if they contain anything not already shown. Btw, you can see the side of me listening to the R10's while picking music from my ipod. Don't worry, I wasn't running them directly from the ipod, the Antique Soundlab amp was on the ground, since the table was a bit wobbly.

P.S. I just got back from the scuba dive I was telling you guys about. It was a blast! Now I can go try some of Tyrion's beer
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #36 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by solbergg
I think mrarroyo had to leave before people started taking pictures. I took a few myself, so I will check to see if they contain anything not already shown. Btw, you can see the side of me listening to the R10's while picking music from my ipod. Don't worry, I wasn't running them directly from the ipod, the Antique Soundlab amp was on the ground, since the table was a bit wobbly.

P.S. I just got back from the scuba dive I was telling you guys about. It was a blast! Now I can go try some of Tyrion's beer
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I left early (about 3:15pm) besides if a picture would have been taken of me the camera would break!
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #37 of 91
Here are some of the very few pictures I took:

Linn Sondek LP 12 Turntable (my favorite source at the meet)
2-19-2006030.jpg

Antique Soundlabs MG Head 32 (my baby for the day)
2-19-2006028.jpg

Some, but not all, of mrarroyo's stuff
2-19-2006027.jpg

My favorite attraction at the meet was the albino alligator
2-19-2006016.jpg

Feb 20, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #39 of 91
some quick thoughts on the meet

man the ps-1s are really great cans i have the HF-1 zebras and there is a wide margin of difference between them. Going back and forth on my vinyl rig the PS-1s were cleaner and the bass was decidedly deeper and better controled.
I loved the electo table the stax 404s are a great buy at 400 bucks while they were brighter with the mcalister amp than the HR90s they are a great buy and sounded really good with the stax mkll amp Mike brought

I have to check out the mcalister pre/headphone amp at 599 if it is a good as his eltro amp its a great piece of gear.

Thanks for a great meet, hey if you guys dive often lmk I don't get in the water enough and would love to go!!

Thanks for a great meet and thanks to all the guys that brought some major dream gear for us all to hear.

Feb 20, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #40 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
How about some pics:

About Freakin' time ... we've been dyin' out here. Are you guys technical troglodites or what? Cheez - miss one meet, and everything goes to hell - right NightWoundsTime and PsychoZX - are you guys dying too? FL meets used to be so cutting edge, but now that Jimmy Buffet, laid back Miami, island time vibe seems to have prevailed - this won't cut it in April, right Aaron?

Just kidding, people, but you must admit - an easy target. Thanks for all the impressions. Unfortunately, I am more confused than ever re: an amp for the HE90, but hopefully NY in April will solve that dilemma.

Sorry I couldn't make it, but happy to see the FL contingent alive and well.

Feb 20, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #41 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801
Thanks for a great meet, hey if you guys dive often lmk I don't get in the water enough and would love to go!!

John, if you ever want to go diving, just let me know. I plan to go pretty often, and there are a lot of great spots around Miami to see.

Feb 20, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #42 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
About Freakin' time ... we've been dyin' out here. Are you guys technical troglodites or what? Cheez - miss one meet, and everything goes to hell - right NightWoundsTime and PsychoZX - are you guys dying too? FL meets used to be so cutting edge, but now that Jimmy Buffet, laid back Miami, island time vibe seems to have prevailed - this won't cut it in April, right Aaron?

Yeah no kidding. I think i'm going to have to try attend as many florida meets as possible just to make sure they keep their act together.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Feb 20, 2006 at 5:40 AM Post #43 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
Yeah no kidding. I think i'm going to have to try attend as many florida meets as possible just to make sure they keep their act together.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

It's a sorry state, Joe, but what are we 'gonna do? We gotta let them grow up and fly on their own some day, even if they do f$#k it up. right?

Book a flight to Lauderdale or Miami, tell me when you arrive, and NightwoundsTime and I will drive over, pick you up and together we will go and b$tch slap them all back to Head-Fi meet reality.

Did you hear any accounts, or see pictures of Head-Fi beer? No, neither did I - shameful.

Did you hear anything of neighbors wandering in, and saying how cool things were? No, neither did I - even more shameful.

Did you hear any accounts of neighbors complaining of noise or rude/crude behavior? No, neither did I - shameful.

What kind of meet is that?

Feb 20, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #44 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
It's a sorry state, Joe, but what are we 'gonna do? We gotta let them grow up and fly on their own some day, even if they do f$#k it up. right?

Book a flight to Lauderdale or Miami, tell me when you arrive, and NightwoundsTime and I will drive over, pick you up and together we will go and b$tch slap them all back to Head-Fi meet reality.

Did you hear any accounts, or see pictures of Head-Fi beer? No, neither did I - shameful.

Did you hear anything of neighbors wandering in, and saying how cool things were? No, neither did I - even more shameful.

Did you hear any accounts of neighbors complaining of noise or rude/crude behavior? No, neither did I - shameful.

What kind of meet is that?

I've been busy lending a hand in the Cincinnati Meet thread. You want to talk about dysfunctional. I made a mistake with the brewing process for this batch so I wasn't sure people would like it. It turned out it wasn't as bad as I expected. Next time I think John and I are doing a batch of Sierra Nevada.

We wouldn't be in this mess if you guys showed up.
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2006 at 7:03 AM Post #45 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I've been busy lending a hand in the Cincinnati Meet thread. You want to talk about dysfunctional.

Yeah no kidding. Its unfortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back