Miami Meet 2/18/06
Feb 11, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #198 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg
Mike - I glad that I'm bringing exactly the equipment that you want to hear. BTW, I wonder whether anyone is really interested in hearing the R10, since it's already been available at so many meets.

Mike, I would love to hear the R10's, just kidding
biggrin.gif
. I would be willing to bet Icehawk and a few others would love to hear them.

Feb 11, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #200 of 302
Gary - Your HE90 will not be superfluous, since it'll be the only one at the meet. What I think will be of interest to some, is a comparison of the McAlister/HE90 combo, to the Aria/R10 combo. It'll also be interesting to compare the R10's performance to that of the K701.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2
If I'm bringing a superfluous HE90 then you have to bring the R10's Mike,that's a no brainer
icon10.gif
.Gary.

Feb 11, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #201 of 302
I'm sorry Mike,I thought you were bringing an HE90 to the meet(for some reason).Also,I'm not going to have any voltage issues,hooking the HE90's up to the McAlister,am I?Gary.

Feb 11, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #202 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2
I'm sorry Mike,I thought you were bringing an HE90 to the meet(for some reason).Also,I'm not going to have any voltage issues,hooking the HE90's up to the McAlister,am I?Gary.

I don't know if this answers your question. It's a KG quote from another thread:

"The mcalister amp should do about 850 Vppss."

Feb 11, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #203 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg
Gary - Your HE90 will not be superfluous, since it'll be the only one at the meet. What I think will be of interest to some, is a comparison of the McAlister/HE90 combo, to the Aria/R10 combo. It'll also be interesting to compare the R10's performance to that of the K701.

You just love to see how the budget stuff stacks up to the cost-no-object equipment dont you?
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #204 of 302
Hey folks,

I'd also like to attend, but need to see what the baby-sitting situation is like. I've already given the wifey the heads-up, but I can't imaging getting more than 2-3 hours with you. What's the best time to come?

Never been to one of these. Do people just crate up all their gear and pile it on a table, or are people a bit more selective? I'd rather not bring more than one CD player, preferably none if we'd be mixing our systems together. Tell me if there are any special requests among the following:

Amps: Corda Prehead I
RKV Mk. II
Headamp Gilmore Lite v. 2 (already saw Icehawk's request)
Go Vibe v. 3

Cans: HD650 with stock and Oehlbach
K501
K271
K701, if TTVJ gets their latest shipment in, for goodness sake
Random others such as AKG K26p, Senn MX 400?, Koss KSC75

CDP: Arcam CD82
Cambridge Audio D500SE

My own personal hopes:
Hear the K701 before they ship to possibly save me the return
Hear some Ray Samuels, esp. HR-2 and XP-7
Listen to some open tube gear like Singlepower and RSA Raptor that I wouldn't buy anyway with my kids in the house
Same as the above with vinyl gear
See if a cable upgrade really makes a difference with HD650
Meet other obsessive headphone weirdos with nothing better to do on a Saturday

Hope to see you there!

Feb 11, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #205 of 302
Typically, we each grab a table or part of a table and set up our gear. Bring as much gear as your comfortable with. One cdp should be fine. I don't think there will be an HR-2 or XP-7 at the meet. I will have a Stealth, Raptor and Hornet. jp11801 will have an SR-71. I will have my Rega P5, which you are welcome to hook up to your amp of choice. jp11801 should have a Linn LP12 as well. I wish I had an RnB G52 senn replacement cable for you to try. I don't believe there is any question you would notice a difference. If your time is limited, you may want to show up an hour or so after we have all the gear set up. I would say around 12:30 - 1:00 would be good.

Feb 11, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #206 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
I wish I had an RnB G52 senn replacement cable for you to try.

I could ship mine down to you so you can bring it to the meet.

Feb 11, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #207 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
I could ship mine down to you so you can bring it to the meet.

That would be up to bongomon or anyone else with 600's or 650's. I hate to see you be without it for what will probably be 1 to 1 1/2 weeks.

Feb 11, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #208 of 302
Hey guys.

I'm not 100% sure on my situation right now. I'm meeting up with my dad tommorow, so I'll have some word on what the story's gonna be afterwards. Again, my only issue is transportation.

Hopefully, I'll end up enjoying the sound with the rest of you.

Feb 11, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #209 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omnis
Hey guys.

I'm not 100% sure on my situation right now. I'm meeting up with my dad tommorow, so I'll have some word on what the story's gonna be afterwards. Again, my only issue is transportation.

Hopefully, I'll end up enjoying the sound with the rest of you.

If you need a ride, let me know. I just don't know when I will be making the return trip.

Feb 11, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #210 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
That would be up to bongomon or anyone else with 600's or 650's. I hate to see you be without it for what will probably be 1 to 1 1/2 weeks.

Its no problem. My HF-1s are getting more use lately than my 650s so I think I'll be fine without it for a week or so. Just let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back