Miami Meet 2/18/06
Jan 19, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #91 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801
decimator IPA at 9% should make Bose and Apple earbuds sound good and the Sierra Nevada is currently quite tastey with the liquid yeast we used
evil_smiley.gif

PS my phono pre is about 2 weeks away according to my update yesterday so barring a shipping catastrphy it will be here. You have not heard Beatles MMT until you have heard the German Apple pressing bass in abundance but detail to die for.

If interested I will stop at a cuban bakery and bring some "dulces"
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2006 at 2:28 PM Post #92 of 302
It looks like my trial schedule has cleared up so I am pretty much open. I may have one next week but that will not affect a February meet. As long as my wife doesn't have anything planned for me on 2/18, I am good to go.

Jan 19, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #93 of 302
OK, I'm going to reserve us that date.

I'm very interested in hearing those Beatles albums, I have the entire Apple collection in vintage vinyl courtesy of my mom
smily_headphones1.gif
I have a good deal of vintage 60-70s material too, thanks hippy parents!

Jan 19, 2006 at 11:35 PM Post #94 of 302
LPs or interest Beatles White Album German press, MMT German, Revolver Japan red vinyl mono, Jimi Hendrix Axis Bold as love mono ( a real treat) and a bunch or classic records jazz re-releases.
With a bit of luck we may have three turntables going this time.

Jan 20, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #96 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehawk
Hahaha, I have a cheap Denon :p

And that is easily my favorite Hendrix album.

I guess that means we will have 4 tt's going. We probably need everyone to start posting whether they will be attending and listing gear they plan to bring. I don't know whether it's fair to expect that Ray will come down, since he was just here for the last meet and with all the other traveling he's been doing. I will give him a call this weekend. It is always great to have him.

Jan 20, 2006 at 4:30 PM Post #97 of 302
18th, Sat., sounds good. I'll bring as much of my classical collection as possible for those that are interested. If I'm gonna show up, I at least want to have something to contribute
biggrin.gif

Hopefully my ears will suffer no adverse effects from starting Kendo (go me) before the big day. See you guys.

Jan 20, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #98 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehawk
I'm very interested in hearing those Beatles albums, I have the entire Apple collection in vintage vinyl courtesy of my mom
smily_headphones1.gif
I have a good deal of vintage 60-70s material too, thanks hippy parents!

My hippy parents dumped a lot of the vinyl in a yard sale when I was little (and left it outside in the Florida heat too long!). Man woulda been nice to get *something* out of having hippy parents.

Jan 20, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #100 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend. I hope you guys have a great meet.

We will miss you Joe. Hopefully, we will see you in New York in April.

I hope to have a Rega Apollo at the meet. Oz just got 2 in and 1 is already sold and the second is going home with someone for a trial Saturday night. I hope to have a chance to compare to the CD-E5 on Saturday before it is picked up for the audition.

Jan 20, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #101 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
Hopefully, we will see you in New York in April.

That is pretty much a definate.
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2006 at 9:30 PM Post #102 of 302
If I get a tax refund this year I might drop it into the 6s upgrade for my Cyrus. Supposed to be a pretty big improvement according to folks at the unnoficial cyrus forums. They're fanboys though so I'll have to find out some more about it. I'd kinda like to try out the famous Cyrus upgrade service anyway.

Jan 21, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #103 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
If I get a tax refund this year I might drop it into the 6s upgrade for my Cyrus. Supposed to be a pretty big improvement according to folks at the unnoficial cyrus forums. They're fanboys though so I'll have to find out some more about it. I'd kinda like to try out the famous Cyrus upgrade service anyway.

You may want to give Oz a call or send him an e-mail. I was just over there comparing the Rega Apollo to the E5.

Jan 22, 2006 at 2:01 PM Post #105 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801
what did you think of the rega?

It sucked.
very_evil_smiley.gif

You should have a pm from me. I liked it but need to do some further evaluation with headphones.
Woodied HF-1/Raptor/CD-E5/Apollo. This is even further OT but the Woodies and Raptor are a
Magical combination. I can't tell you how good Jazz at the Pawnshop and Joe DeFransecso with
Jimmy Smith/Legacy sounds with this combo. I actually put down the HE60's for a bit to spend
more time with these. I still love the HE60 but damn, the Raptor is sounding great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back