MIA MIDI vs 0202 USB
Nov 28, 2007 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

atupal

New Head-Fier
Well it may be strange to compare this two soundcard which is very different

PCI vs USB
Echo vs E-MU
old vs rather new

However, I really want to know, in view of the analog output quality alone, how will you rate this two product.

many thanks!

Dec 1, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #3 of 12
You're unlikely to find a direct comparison, since not many people around here have either product. If I had to guess, I'd say go for the 0202 USB if those two products are your only choices. Otherwise, save up just a bit more and get the 1212M or 0404 USB.

Dec 2, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 12
Another thing making the comparison odd is that the Mia MIDI is balanced while the 0202 is not. The Mia MIDI also doesn't have a headphone amp built in.

If you're looking for something that you can plug a normal pair of headphones straight into, I don't think the Mia MIDI is what you want.

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #5 of 12
Well, what I really concern is the analog output quality of the soundcard.
Therefore, I'm looking for a soundcard simple setting but with great voice when connecting to an amp.
The headamp of 0202 is a bonus, not the main concern when choosing among them.

Dec 5, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #8 of 12
The Mia sounds very good, I'd say not quite as nice as the 1212m. If you change the output caps to Black Gate NX, it takes a big leap in quality. And those caps are only a few bucks each.

BUT...it costs about the same as the Emu 1212m, which is just a better card. Better specs, more connectivity, much more bang for the buck. The only con is it takes up two PCI slots.

Hope that helps a little. I went from the Mia to the Emu 1212m and prefer the Emu--and you can get it for about $125 on eBay.

Dec 6, 2007 at 9:00 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowpogo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Mia sounds very good, I'd say not quite as nice as the 1212m. If you change the output caps to Black Gate NX, it takes a big leap in quality. And those caps are only a few bucks each.

BUT...it costs about the same as the Emu 1212m, which is just a better card. Better specs, more connectivity, much more bang for the buck. The only con is it takes up two PCI slots.

Hope that helps a little. I went from the Mia to the Emu 1212m and prefer the Emu--and you can get it for about $125 on eBay.

Hi, thanks so much for your reply.
I do believe 1212M is a good soundcard with powerful function and connectivity.
Well, but I will not mix and make music by myself and I think the setup of 1212M is a bit complicated. In meanwhile, I want all the value of money I'm going to pay for is on the side of quality music playback.
Tha't what I'm looking for and hope someone can help me to choose a best value soundcard.

Dec 6, 2007 at 9:01 AM Post #10 of 12
There's no better value than the 1212M at this price range. Once PatchMix is set up for playback (which is done for you with the default configuration), save your settings and you'll never need to mess with it again.

Dec 6, 2007 at 9:39 AM Post #11 of 12
Not gonna hijack this thread, but how would the Mia compare to an external dac in the 150-200$ pricerange, like the Zero?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back