MHHA help
Aug 6, 2007 at 12:49 PM Post #2 of 10
Check antique Radio Supply (tubesandmore.com) for tubes and sockets.
Otherwise items are ID'ed on the schematic. There is a long thread at Headwize.com about this amp(maybe more than one).
I built V2.0 and like it.

F

Aug 6, 2007 at 1:06 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by fortney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check antique Radio Supply (tubesandmore.com) for tubes and sockets.
Otherwise items are ID'ed on the schematic. There is a long thread at Headwize.com about this amp(maybe more than one).
I built V2.0 and like it.

F

Yea. I looked through it but I could not find a definite set of materials.
By the way I still don't get the use of the three-pin thing. Can someone explain?

Aug 6, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 10
There is no definite set of materials. You must know yourself what parts you want and why you want them.

And which 3 pin thing do you mean? A transistor, or one of the input/output connectors?

I'd suggest you to start DIYing with a supported design - you're pretty much on your own with this design

Aug 6, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #5 of 10
The SOHA would be the closest to this thing, although it's not a battery-powered portable. I doubt that two 9V batteries are going so supply the heater for very long, anyway.

Check GlassJarAudio - JRossel has kits for the SOHA. It's a 12AU7 hybrid paired with an opamp output stage. The tube circuit uses safe, reduced voltage.

EDIT: Oops - just what I figured - it needs a separate 24VDC supply for the heaters, etc, most likely from a wall transformer.

Aug 6, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicAngelz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all.
I am intending to build one of these MHHA amps.

But I have some problems finding out what to buy. Does anyone have a sample buying list for me? I couldn't find one.

You know that looks like an interesting little project I might want to try with the 6922 tube. I think I have another simple project. Who knows it may sound sort of like a melos with the mosfet output stage.

Aug 6, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #7 of 10
hey demonic. get the SOHA. you can get most of the parts right here in Singapore. and its pretty cheap to build under 150SGD i guess.

Aug 7, 2007 at 10:13 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by koike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey demonic. get the SOHA. you can get most of the parts right here in Singapore. and its pretty cheap to build under 150SGD i guess.

Yea. I might do that after all.

Aug 7, 2007 at 12:01 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicAngelz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea. I might do that after all.

If you can get the board from Digi, you can get almost everything else from Koba in People's Park Centre. Look for the young man, he's built one himself.

Aug 7, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #10 of 10
The soha is not a bad sounding amp at all. you will not be disappointed. When the jisbos buffer bd group buy comes a round you can get those too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back