Mhdt DAC as upgrade for modded E-MU 0404?
Jan 14, 2007 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

mcbiff

100+ Head-Fier
For the last two years my source has been a modded E-MU 0404 (with an AD8620 op-amp and something else too, I don't remember) as my source for music listening. It's fine, but I've been thinking of an upgrade lately. Reading around here pointed me in the direction of the Mhdt DACs in general and the Constantine/Paradisea in particular. Would either of these be a worthwhile upgrade compared to the E-MU? Any other suggestions? Budget is a max of $500 at the very most, less would be good. Also, I live in Sweden.

I mainly listen to rock music (everything from Rolling Stones to Pantera as it says in my profile, right now it's Lynyrd Skynyrd for instance). Check out the link in my signature to see my last.fm stats for some more insight into my listening habits.

Also, I don't really use headphones... 99 % of my listening is via my Densen B110 amp and my Monitor Audio RS6 speakers. Still, that shouldn't really affect the relative performance of two source components (i.e. the E-MU and the would-be DAC).

Suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back