MHA-100.... Audiophile that also games
Jul 27, 2019 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

CompGamer

New Head-Fier
Hello all, I have a pair of HD700s current running off a Modi Multi-bit and Dark-voice amp. I've also used (albeit for like 1 song) a pair of LCD-3 on this set-up and they honestly sounded similar/slightly betters than my HD700s but not $1000 better.... What I'm getting at is I've noticed that a strong DAC/Amp can make as big of a difference in sound quality, even as big of a difference as upgrading headphones, sometimes more!

I found a used MHA-100 for $2,700 i was thinking of purchasing because I just bought a pair of LCD-GX (on pre-order) and I really want the full experience!

First, do you all think that DAC/amp upgrade will significantly increase the overall listing experience? I run my music off Master quality from Tidal

also, I use this set-up for gaming and input lag is always a concern with monitors, but if I get into this giant,bulky setup like the MHA-100, is it possible for their to be input lag on audio?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a music and gaming enthusiast and I'm willing to spend a few bucks for something that should repetitively last forever but my technical knowledge is weak and I want to make sure I'm not wasting my money :)

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 2
It can make the experience better, but for me an ultra wide monitor made a really big difference. Id suggest a 34 inch curved ultra-wide monitor if you dont already have one.

If you get a gaming monitor it should have good response times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back