MG-Head - Where to buy and Which?
Mar 4, 2003 at 5:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dukeracr

New Head-Fier
What are my options regarding the ASL MG-Head. If I was to buy new, where should I buy it from, I live in southern California. Is the new MG Head Mk2 available and if so for how much?
Please forgive my ignorance, I'm a newbie and trying hard to get up to speed with you guys.
Rich

Mar 4, 2003 at 7:02 AM Post #2 of 11
http://www.divertech.com/antiquesl.html

These guys are one of the main importers of ASL products. Depending upon how much oney you're willing to spend, the options are:
MG Head Mk II
LH-01
MG Head OTL32
TwinHead

Each is more expensive, and should be better sounding. No one has, to my knowledge, received a MkII or OTL32 yet, so it's up in the air. It was at the CES this year, and many, like tuberoller, commented on how good it sounded.

Hope this helps.

Mar 4, 2003 at 1:46 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
http://www.divertech.com/antiquesl.html

No one has, to my knowledge, received a MkII

nah, I got one yesterday... try holmaudio, nice guys. there are at least 2 other folks that posted here with mkiis.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 4, 2003 at 4:53 PM Post #4 of 11
MG-Head Mark II is available and a Head-fi member has it already.

Quote:

Originally posted by grohan
nah, I got one yesterday... try holmaudio, nice guys. there are at least 2 other folks that posted here with mkiis.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 4, 2003 at 5:51 PM Post #7 of 11
be careful with divergent, I am in the process of having a hell of a time just finding out if they got my amp (no email reply in 6 days) so I don't know if I'd be too keen on ordering a new one from them, because if you have to have it serviced like I'm having to go through you'll be in the same boat I am.......

Mar 4, 2003 at 7:55 PM Post #8 of 11
Just spoke to Kevin from Upscale Audio, helpful chap. He is going to find out how long it would take to get one. He quoted me $330 or thereabouts for the Mk2. Seems like dealing with someone local at this price is the way to go. Thanks JMT and others.
Rich

Mar 13, 2003 at 1:08 AM Post #9 of 11
How about a dealer further north in the San Francisco Bay Area (south bay would be best)? No need to post another thread to answer the same question.

Mar 13, 2003 at 3:28 PM Post #11 of 11
Soundscape
Gallery of Unique Audio+Video+Art
1044 Fourth Street, Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Phone/Fax/Data 707- 578-4434 or 800-450-HIFI
marcs@sonic.net

Maybe this is closer? I got mine here (over the phone). They carry close to a full line of ASL. I'd say that the MG Head is a product that would be good to buy from a nearby dealer you trust if possible vs. direct from Divergent (Why? 1. ability to audition your unit before buying, 2. Help with any quality issues that might pop up).

I had a doa tube, which they promptly replaced. Overall, I'm pleased with the amp. Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back