MG head vs. Little More Power Prem.
Feb 21, 2002 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

teknophyl

Head-Fier
Ok, I'm a college student with my trusty pair of Senn 600's. I'm in the market for my first amp and I'm interested in the little because I KNOW I will be upgrading in the future. I've read a lot of reviews praising the MG head and I wanted to know if the normal Little can compare with it. If not, I was wondering at which upgrade point the Little sounds as good as the MG head, the normal Little, the Little more power, or the L.M.P. Premium. In case it helps, I usually listen to techno/trance music with my computer or with my Playstation 2. I have my PS2 hooked up to a receiver with a digital optical monster cable. Any help is appreciated!
PS Playing Metal Gear Solid 2 with my Senn's is awesome...I get shivers of what is could be like with a good amp!

Feb 21, 2002 at 4:39 AM Post #2 of 4
Thats a toughie. I like the Little because it has the HeadRoom crossfeed, but the MG will probably give you a more soothing and natural feeling. I sent the Little's I had back, including the LMPP, and went with another SE OTL triode amp (Wheatfield.)

Feb 21, 2002 at 4:56 AM Post #3 of 4
That's hard. The Head may be soothing to the harshness apparent in Techno/Trance and video games, but it will roll-off the frequency extremes and make the sound sluggish, which may be a negative for the type of music/games you listen to.

If you want the sound to be closer to what the recording actually sounds like, I would go with Little or other competent solid-state amps, but if you want more sweetening go with the Head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back